My Partnership with Jellysmack and Guest Content on Self Sufficient Me Facebook Page

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hello, Everyone; it has been a long time since I posted a thread here, and to some degree, the reason for not being as active on our forum these days is exactly why I partnered with Jellysmack (a content creation company) on Facebook (FB).

It's not a secret, but I have been working with Jellysmack in partnership on my Facebook page for several years. They help me repurpose my content to a more suitable format for Facebook. This partnership has been going well, with the Self Sufficient Me Page going from around 23k followers to over 1.5 million in just 24 months.

Over the past few days, Jellysmack has experimented with placing "guest posts" by other creators on the Self Sufficient Me FB feed. I am aware that some people have not enjoyed seeing these posts, and to be honest, I have not been happy with most of them either.

My understanding with Jellysmack was that the guest posts would be content that aligned with my ethos, and theme of self-sufficiency/homesteading/gardening etc. However, several of these new guest posts were topics and content that I generally wouldn't have selected.

I am responsible for what goes onto the Self Sufficient Me FB Page; therefore, it's my fault that the Page feed was disrupted by rogue content. I have instructed Jellysmack to rectify the issue.

So, the Page has not been hacked. It's just a stuff-up (one of many made by me in the past, present, and future), but no one died... Hopefully, we'll get the Page back on track soon.

Lastly, many of my supporters understand how much work goes into creating content regularly. But for those who don't know, making just a 10-minute video can take days, and that's after all the work in the garden has been done, filming completed, and data and information are collected sometimes over months and placed on the editing line. Once the video editing is completed and rendered into a suitable format, it is uploaded to whatever platform, which can take several hours. Once the video is live, there needs to be some monitoring, answering questions/comments, etc. Sometimes, I'll spend 3-5 hours answering comments following a video release.

The above is time-consuming, but I LOVE it! I think it's a dream job. I love working in the garden; I enjoy the art of telling a story, editing, and positively influencing people through my work and interactions with them.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't say I like the business side of being a successful content creator. Business administration takes a lot of time, and it takes me away from doing what I love—creating content. Also, the administration of uploading content across several platforms takes me away from creating content.

This is why I partnered with Jellysmack to help me with this administration on FB and manage my FB Page feed. There's nothing sinister here or sneaky; I'm simply trying to find ways to get you more original, informative, and entertaining content by letting someone else manage the admin side.

Anyway, I hope this clarifies it. I know some people still won't be satisfied with this explanation, but that's it. Now, I'm getting back into it!

Cheers 👍😉

Grandmother Goose

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
I was wondering how you found time to run such an active Facebook account, learning you recruited someone else to manage it made it make sense.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
He's been working with them for years, but I think he's realised that he can't be everywhere at once. Probably why Geo and I manage his forum, and how he has other people making pages for his website. That way he can focus on what he (and we all, truthfully) enjoy most; great content and YouTube. If he were to slave behind a computer just answering questions, he wouldn't have nearly as much time for YouTube content. Especially seeing as he has files upon files that are in a waiting period. A video about how a plant grew from seedling to fruitation takes months, simply because said plant needs that amount of time to grow.

I think Mark does a LOT behind the scenes to make amazing content, and I'm glad he's allowing himself to reach out and get help. It can be hard to let go of the reigns of something you built from scratch 🤗

hassoalbert

Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello, Everyone; it has been a long time since I posted a thread here, and to some degree, the reason for not being as active on our forum these days is exactly why I partnered with Jellysmack (a content creation company) on Facebook (FB).

It's not a secret, but I have been working with Jellysmack in partnership on my Facebook page for several years. They help me repurpose my content to a more suitable format for Facebook. This partnership has been going well, with the Self Sufficient Me Page going from around 23k followers to over 1.5 million in just 24 months.

Over the past few days, Jellysmack has experimented with placing "guest posts" by other creators on the Self Sufficient Me FB feed. I am aware that some people have not enjoyed seeing these posts, and to be honest, I have not been happy with most of them either.

My understanding with Jellysmack was that the guest posts would be content that aligned with my ethos, and theme of self-sufficiency/homesteading/gardening etc. However, several of these new guest posts were topics and content that I generally wouldn't have selected.

I am responsible for what goes onto the Self Sufficient Me FB Page; therefore, it's my fault that the Page feed was disrupted by rogue content. I have instructed Jellysmack to rectify the issue.

So, the Page has not been hacked. It's just a stuff-up (one of many made by me in the past, present, and future), but no one died... Hopefully, we'll get the Page back on track soon.

Lastly, many of my supporters understand how much work goes into creating content regularly. But for those who don't know, making just a 10-minute video can take days, and that's after all the work in the garden has been done, filming completed, and data and information are collected sometimes over months and placed on the editing line. Once the video editing is completed and rendered into a suitable format, it is uploaded to whatever platform, which can take several hours. Once the video is live, there needs to be some monitoring, answering questions/comments, etc. Sometimes, I'll spend 3-5 hours answering comments following a video release.

The above is time-consuming, but I LOVE it! I think it's a dream job. I love working in the garden; I enjoy the art of telling a story, editing, and positively influencing people through my work and interactions with them.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't say I like the business side of being a successful content creator. Business administration takes a lot of time, and it takes me away from doing what I love—creating content. Also, the administration of uploading content across several platforms takes me away from creating content.

This is why I partnered with Jellysmack to help me with this administration on FB and manage my FB Page feed. There's nothing sinister here or sneaky; I'm simply trying to find ways to get you more original, informative through youtube thumbnail grabber, and entertaining content by letting someone else manage the admin side.

Anyway, I hope this clarifies it. I know some people still won't be satisfied with this explanation, but that's it. Now, I'm getting back into it!

Cheers 👍😉
Collaborating with Jellysmack has been a game-changer for our content strategy, amplifying our reach and engagement across platforms. Our recent guest content on the Self Sufficient Me Facebook page has been particularly exciting, as it aligns perfectly with our mission to provide valuable insights and inspiration for self-sustainability. Through this partnership, we've been able to tap into a diverse audience passionate about sustainable living, sparking meaningful conversations and fostering a community dedicated to embracing a more self-sufficient lifestyle. Together, we're not just sharing content; we're empowering individuals to take meaningful steps towards a more sustainable future.

Top Bottom