Show us your pumpkin patches!

Marika

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I’m stuck on the couch with an injured back and dreaming of my future pumpkin patch. I have some amazing pumpkin and winter squash seeds ready to go. :yahoo:

Here in Australia it is winter so I’ve a while yet before I can get them growing and start making this year’s dream a reality. But I am very keen to see photos of people’s past and present pumpkin (and winter squash) patches - and harvests too :heart:

Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Omg, I am in Mildura and the local veggie farmers all grew pumpkins for cafes that never sold due to Covid. I will get some photos tomorrow there are literally acres of pumpkins stacked!!!

Marika

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Omg, I am in Mildura and the local veggie farmers all grew pumpkins for cafes that never sold due to Covid. I will get some photos tomorrow there are literally acres of pumpkins stacked!!!
Yes please!
Oh I would love to see that in person, I hope they sell them, it’d be horrible if they went to waste:cry:

spector

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
No pumpkins here, but lots of other winter squashes cluttering up my garden. ;)

spector

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
EF8B0BE9-D952-49EC-AAA1-71FF7195E82E.jpeg

Attachments

• 32FFB9E2-A5E6-4958-8124-FEC77649ADB4.jpeg
    32FFB9E2-A5E6-4958-8124-FEC77649ADB4.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 228

spector

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Potimarron and Candy Roaster

Marika

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
So pretty! Can’t wait to have them cluttering up my garden :heart:
Where are you located?

spector

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I am in northern California. I experimented this year by planting the winter squash in cinderblocks (with access to the ground) pretty close to each other. The blocks allowed me to start a little early, since they soak up the sun and heat up the roots. But I think I would have had a better yield if I had planted one plant every other space, rather than every space. I am getting only 2-3 fruits per plant with this method. A lot of space to devote to a small yield! Both the Potimarron and Candy Roaster are first-time trials for me. I usually stick to butternut squash, but decided to branch out. I am looking forward to harvesting and tasting them!

Attachments

• IMG_3207.jpg
    IMG_3207.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 229

Marika

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I am in northern California. I experimented this year by planting the winter squash in cinderblocks (with access to the ground) pretty close to each other. The blocks allowed me to start a little early, since they soak up the sun and heat up the roots. But I think I would have had a better yield if I had planted one plant every other space, rather than every space. I am getting only 2-3 fruits per plant with this method. A lot of space to devote to a small yield! Both the Potimarron and Candy Roaster are first-time trials for me. I usually stick to butternut squash, but decided to branch out. I am looking forward to harvesting and tasting them!
I’d call your method a success, and now you know what to do next year, so an even bigger score !
I hope they taste nice - you’ll have to come back and give us your culinary review :eat:

Top Bottom