Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
This forum (or section) was created to provide a discussion area specific to TROPICAL climates.

Most fruit & veg discussions should be placed in the Fruit & Vegetable Growing forum.

If you have a question or a discussion point that is clearly TROPICAL climate-related then use this forum.

Climate
Tropical
Hi Mark
I’ve been watching your posts on YouTube and have just joined this group. This is my first time using a forum so I hope I’m in the right place. Listening to your what happens when you use ash in the garden I learnt you should not put ash on alkaline living plants. Great learn, I haven’t been using it on the mulberry tree but the tree is not thriving and showing the symptoms you talk about with blueberries. Townsville region with sparse leaves carrying light fruit and new growth. What can I do to help it come through healthier?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 62

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome to the forum @Tarnya the L plate garden !
I'm from the Mackay areas myself, so not too far away!

Granddad suggests to cut off any dead branches and to fertilise it with blood & bone in late winter. He says it's not in season right now, but spring and summer are.
Wish I could help more, but I sadly don't have experience with this tree myself. Hopefully this helps!

FarmerMark613

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi Mark
I’ve been watching your posts on YouTube and have just joined this group. This is my first time using a forum so I hope I’m in the right place. Listening to your what happens when you use ash in the garden I learnt you should not put ash on alkaline living plants. Great learn, I haven’t been using it on the mulberry tree but the tree is not thriving and showing the symptoms you talk about with blueberries. Townsville region with sparse leaves carrying light fruit and new growth. What can I do to help it come through healthier?
I have the same problem, I believe it could be because our spring was cooler and rainy, I also just installed my 32” raised Vego-Garden beds and the soil isn’t as nutritious as it should be but after the end of the growing season I will add more manure and compost for next season growth…I did add worms and mov my worm bins into my beds but may not be quite ready yet

Attachments

• C504A91C-83D1-484B-A70E-ECCA7B9DB563.jpeg
    C504A91C-83D1-484B-A70E-ECCA7B9DB563.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 62
  • B981D1E9-E8F9-4232-BB9F-FD253CBA92DE.jpeg
    B981D1E9-E8F9-4232-BB9F-FD253CBA92DE.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 659697F2-0ABB-4A6D-9FA5-9AC021933D8D.jpeg
    659697F2-0ABB-4A6D-9FA5-9AC021933D8D.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom