How to kill a Yucca ?

Richard Buchanan

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I have a Yucca plant, well it got cut down today. What is the best method to kill the plant for good. Ive read they will still produce new shoots even after its been chopped down. Here is a picture before it got cut down today. Its now a stump about 15cm above ground.
20200719_085337.jpg

Justin M

Permaculture enthusiast
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I have a Yucca plant, well it got cut down today. What is the best method to kill the plant for good. Ive read they will still produce new shoots even after its been chopped down. Here is a picture before it got cut down today. Its now a stump about 15cm above ground. View attachment 5024
I've heard you can drill a few holes in the stump, fill with tree poison and seal with wax/blutac.

Alternatively to avoid using poisons you can have a fire on the stump, or dig around the roots and cut the stump out with a sabre saw.

Richard Buchanan

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I've heard you can drill a few holes in the stump, fill with tree poison and seal with wax/blutac.

Alternatively to avoid using poisons you can have a fire on the stump, or dig around the roots and cut the stump out with a sabre saw.
Yes ive drilled a dozen or so holes in the stump and filled with tree poison and kerosene. Also cover it with plastic so no sun or rain can get to it.

Top Bottom