Green Dreams update garden layout

Green Dreams

Premium Member
Climate
Tropical
Hi All hope you are all well and safe.
As promised some pics of the back yard, the first one is where I will be keeping the quail, chicken and rabbits. Even though I have given them a roof and started on the walls the rain is killing me it keeps flooding even after light rain, so in the pic I took I marked out the concrete area I will be doing in blue and the drain system in black.

Once they are done I will be starting on the raised beds and the tunnel I'm making the beds about 3 feet high to save the back I keep telling people I'm only 21 trapped in this 56 year old body. Spirits willing but after some work in the garden the body's not so much ha ha.

So that should help, I have for the past 12 months filling a whole 3 feet deep by 5 feet wide and 7 feet long with quail and cow manure and organic matter this will be the floor for my beds, once I have the walls up I will be filling with soil, sugar cane, leaves, organic waste like kitchen waste no meat and I struck a deal with the local coco lumber supplier to get as much saw dust as I want.

Picture 2 is east facing wall that the beds will be done I will have 5 to start with and they will be 3 feet high 6 feet wide and 8 feet long with 3-4 feet between beds.

Picture 3 is the south facing wall and you can see where the beds will be placed and also the trellis tunnel it will be around 3 feet wide and 30 feet long with 5 feet spacing between both inside edges.

Any thought would be great. Thanks for reading will update you all shortly be safe all and greens a dream.

Attachments

• concreating floor and putting in dranage.jpg
    concreating floor and putting in dranage.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 183
  • East facing wall.jpg
    East facing wall.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 184
  • south facing wall.jpg
    south facing wall.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 206

Green Dreams

Premium Member
Climate
Tropical
Hi all hope all is well been a little while and torn by typhoons one after another so between the repairs and the clean up I'm starting to get back on my feet.
So I thought I would do an update on how things are progressing.

So as you can see I have done the foundations for the garden beds along the west wall and my small herb garden still to do the middle bed with the overhanging mesh.
Got the live stock area complete so the rabbits chickens and quail live and too the right of that where the banana trees are I will move them and build Daisy a new home she is a wild pig but after several days of talking to her and feeding she's become a part of the family.

Daisy will become a mother later as I have found a male boar not far from here and so lets see what happens.
With the live stock area almost complete with aviary.
That gives us chicken eggs, quail eggs-meat, soon to come pork.

Once the beds are finished I'm hopping its done by next month so I can get planting.
I put a storm drain in between the garden bed and the live stock pens as when it rains it floods for days so that was the best idea I did so far even 3 typhoons and all its rain after 1 day the ground is almost dry that helps with time spent in the garden. Its hard also as I need to work 10 hour shifts for work to pay the bills and save to rebuild and get stuff for the construction.

To finish off I need to get 500 hollow blocks made, 20 bags cement, raw iron, and galvanized iron for the trellis. 20 more bags of compost and topsoil. 7 cubic sand
150 feet of hose and fittings for the garden bed sprinklers.
I will try keep all up to date best wishes to all and be safe everyone.

Attachments

• 5 rabbits 2 male 3 female.jpg
    5 rabbits 2 male 3 female.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 141
  • at night just finished a rough foundation.jpg
    at night just finished a rough foundation.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Daisy my wild pig.jpg
    Daisy my wild pig.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 159
  • different look at gb.jpg
    different look at gb.jpg