Good evening from Mikielives

Mikielives

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello from Northern Il. USA. Its below zero here with lots of snow, a good time to plan next seasons garden. I am a fan of Marks videos on You Tube and just began looking around this site. I have a great interest in growing heirloom tomatoes, fermenting, primitive brewing methods, and anything that makes me self sufficient. I hope to share some of my knowledge as well as gain more on this site. Merry Christmas!! 2015-08-01 17.39.11-4.jpg

Mary Playford

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Oi there Mikie, welcome to the group. I have never experience an extreme cold weather before. I often wonder how it is for you guys and our Canadian friends.

You got some great interests there. To be self-sufficient is a great goal, Again,… welcome.

Mikielives

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Oi there Mikie, welcome to the group. I have never experience an extreme cold weather before. I often wonder how it is for you guys and our Canadian friends.

You got some great interests there. To be self-sufficient is a great goal, Again,… welcome.
Oi back at cha Mary! Ha!. Thanks for the welcome, as for the cold and snow....I love it! I don't think I would do well with out the seasons.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hello from Northern Il. USA.
Hi @Mikielives and thanks for joining us!

Sorry I didn't welcome you earlier but it's a crazy time of year and I've been so busy it's hard to keep up with everything!

I'm crazy about tomatoes also - they're probably my favourite thing to grow in the patch and as you probably already know I'm into fermenting etc too :)

Feel free to share your knowledge here and interact on the various subjects throughout our forums and thanks again for joining our community.

Mikielives

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi @Mikielives and thanks for joining us!.
Thanks Mark. I have been watching your videos on YouTube for maybe a year now. I always look forward to the next one even if it may not be pertinent to where I live. You have a passion and a genuine interest in self sufficiency. Although you have a great knowledge of growing things plant and animal, you are hungry for more knowledge and this is what makes you a good teacher. I am so excited that I found this site and people who's passion is to provide for themselves. My hat off to you sir! :thumbsup:

Mikielives

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome to the site Mikie! The tomatoes look great. The snow... well. you'd need a big shed that you could still work in I guess?
Yhanks Stevo. Yep, got a roomy work shop to keep me busy.

Top Bottom