Question Favourite sauce recipes

Justin M

Permaculture enthusiast
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi everybody, recently finishing up my summer harvest in Victoria, Australia (we've had quite a warm start to autumn/fall). I have just processed a glut of green tomatoes and chillies and was wondering what everybody's go to is for making various sauces?

I've just made:
- green tomato sauce
- green tomato relish
- chilli jam

Does anybody have any good recipes for other sauces? BBQ? Tomato? Hot Sauce?

Pero

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I'm fermenting a load of chilies made up of Cayenne, Mexican and Carolina Reapers for a siracha hot sauce...

Will keep you posted with how it goes if you're interested.

Justin M

Permaculture enthusiast
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I'm fermenting a load of chilies made up of Cayenne, Mexican and Carolina Reapers for a siracha hot sauce...

Will keep you posted with how it goes if you're interested.

Definately keep me posted, I'm a huge hot sauce head and would love to get a recipe that is recommended. I've heard the fermented sauces are generally much better than those that aren't. Thanks

Pero

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Just finished up the first batch of Siracha.

1618190603420.png

As stated previously, I've used Cayenne, Mexican and Carolina Reapers including a whole bulb of garlic and fermented it all in a 2.5% brine for seven days.

Drained them and blended the fruit with about a cup and a half of the brine and then passed it through a strainer removing whatever pulp and seeds remained.

Has a really intense fermented flavour. I plan on experimenting with this as a base adding other ingredients to dial in the exact flavour I want to achieve.

KathrynJN

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Mark has a tomato sauce recipe on his YouTube page. I have tried it and it's lovely.

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
My goodness, that sauce looks amazing!
Do you think the recipes could be put in articles under the recipe section? I'd love for everybody to be able to see it!

Mandy Onderwater

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi everybody, recently finishing up my summer harvest in Victoria, Australia (we've had quite a warm start to autumn/fall). I have just processed a glut of green tomatoes and chillies and was wondering what everybody's go to is for making various sauces?

I've just made:
- green tomato sauce
- green tomato relish
- chilli jam

Does anybody have any good recipes for other sauces? BBQ? Tomato? Hot Sauce?
This is one of my favourite sauces! Very popular with the garlic-loving side of the family too!

Top Bottom