Cute Chicken Pics...

Nina

Post your "Cute Chicken Pics" :cheers:

I love my Bantams, i laugh everytime i see this photo... isn't she gorgeous!

chooks27042013.jpg
what a beautiful picture, how cute are the Bantams!! I had to share this with my Facebook friends :cheer:

Greyyowl

Premium Member
Black Australorp.JPG
This the flagship of BlackButt Ovum Enhancers™, Dumber, she lays regularly 6 eggs a week with about 4 weeks holidays each year, covering her moult and off peak season.
I uploaded my BlackButt advert pic and Wedgie, my crossbred ( Australorp x Rhode Is. ) the power layer in the mob.
I weighed 3 eggs over 3 days at random and the average weight was 78gms.
They are about 5 weeks past moult and almost back on layer pellets, couldn't be happier with them.
Stevo, love the big fella you uploaded, I had a big boy but had to trade him in for a new hen, hence the need for an egg donor.
Keep up the pics, it's nice to see what everyone else feeds.
The
Owl.
Proud feeder of Dumb, Dumber, Gran, Nan & The Noob.

Attachments

• Blackbutt2.JPG
    Blackbutt2.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 864
  • A fantastic crossbred.JPG
    A fantastic crossbred.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 814

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Here's Miss Fluffy Pants our Light Sussex hen. This breed is a duel purpose chicken (utility) bread for eggs and meat. They're quite heavy and she waddles like a duck when she walks :)

miss fluffy pant light sussex chicken.jpg

Steve

Valued Member
Premium Member
And a good looking rooster hen she is too. (nice clear pic Mark)

Does she have elephantiasis on her left foot or is that just some tree bark on the ground? :shock:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
And a good looking rooster hen she is too. (nice clear pic Mark)

Does she have elephantiasis on her left foot or is that just some tree bark on the ground? :shock:
LOL I didn't see that (bloody RAEME attention to detail :rolleyes:) Nah, it's some bark but it does look like her foot... Come to think of it, I probably need to take her pic on a darker background in hindsight also because it's a little hard to see against the gum tree.

Steve

Valued Member
Premium Member
LOL I didn't see that (bloody RAEME attention to detail :rolleyes:) Nah, it's some bark but it does look like her foot... Come to think of it, I probably need to take her pic on a darker background in hindsight also because it's a little hard to see against the gum tree.

Thought so, LOL. In one of our best wedding photos it looks like my fingers are as fat as thick sausages. We like to call it the 'sausage finger photo'.

And nice self-critique. With animals, or kids, it is so hard to get everything as you want it, and when you do it will be a fluke. I spent an whole afternoon one day trying to get some nice shots of my friends cat. It nearly did my head in. When i got a good angle and action the background was crap and i didn't nail the focus. With animals if you can tell what animal it is then I'm pretty happy. Here is the shot I was talking about. (sorry not a cute chick but a cute cat instead).
IMG_1012.JPG

Greyyowl

Premium Member
HELLLLLLP!!! This guy won't stop taking photos of me! ^
Lil_Kimmie1.jpg

This is Kimmie, my African Masked parrot I had for about 6 yrs back in the early 2000's.
I raised her mum & dad and she was hand raised from 1 day old. She slept in my armpit/sleeve and thought I was her mum.
The single best little bird I ever raised.
The
Owl.
Lil_Kimmie1.jpg
I knew I had a pic of her full grown and hanging with her peeps, Tsunami, Squeak, Millhouse & Buzz.
When kids like birds it's hard to keep them in the aviary.

Attachments

• Tsunami_Kimmie_Squeak_Millhouse_buzz..jpg
    Tsunami_Kimmie_Squeak_Millhouse_buzz..jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
That's magic :) Kimmie is cute as - I love parrots but I've never raised one. Now I'm considering it...

How good (well trained) are those birds all just sitting there together. You'd think the different species would fight - how did you train them to all get along like that @Greyyowl?

Greyyowl

Premium Member
That's magic :) Kimmie is cute as - I love parrots but I've never raised one. Now I'm considering it...

How good (well trained) are those birds all just sitting there together. You'd think the different species would fight - how did you train them to all get along like that @Greyyowl?
They were all raised like on big hatch Mark.
I had 16 birds on the syringe at one time and if you thought baby was a handful you are wrong.
I'd walk out of the room and 6 birds would be trying to all land on the one shoulder.
I would tell anyone to raise one, it really is therapeutic.
The
Owl.
The Goldfish was almost 2cm long when I got him, named him Big Fella and he lived 8yrs and grew to this size.
The green & red parrot is a young Crimson Rosella named Pugsley, he could whistle better than me, talked to himself like a madman.
Geez the memories........
Pugsley MK21.jpg

Attachments

• IMG0061.jpg
    IMG0061.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 461
  • Big Fella&Bobby.JPG
    Big Fella&Bobby.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 536
Top Bottom