World's Smallest Chilli Plant??

Steve

Valued Member
Premium Member
I was inspired by Mark's gigantic beetroot from the other day and although I can't compete with producing something large I might be competitive at the opposite end of the scale.
Here is a chilli plant that I transplanted from a seedling that sprouted under my main chilli bush.
I took Marks advice in July last year (2012) and attempted to grow a seedling as insurance for the main bush.
So it's now over a year old and must be nearing maturity and it's fruiting so I think that's enough evidence to compete for worlds smallest.

To give some perspective of its height, I have placed a 500ml water bottle cap in the shot.
I haven't officially measured it but its about the length of my middle finger, and the fruit is about a third of the plants height. I don't think its being held back by the size of the pot even though it's fairly small, my other chilli is in a pot not much bigger and it is 10 times bigger!

IMG_5454s.JPG

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
For a chilli plant over 12 months old this is indeed the smallest chilli I have seen - how did you grow a bonsai chilli which still fruits at normal size? There could be a market for it... :D

A handful of blood and bone sprinkled around the outer rim plus a water with seaweed solution once a week for a month may help this midget feel a little better... ;)

Top Bottom