Question What type of tomato is this?

Aapje

Oct 2, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
This year I got into gardening and I received some tomato plants from my neighbour who in turn received them from a friend (from the middle east if I remember correctly). Which made me curious about the type of this tomato. As we don't know the type, I started looking around on the internet (Google image search and what not) but could not find the name of this type of tomato.

TLDR; The tomato plant is currently 190 cm (~75 inches) and when it blooms it has normal yellow coloured tomato flowers. The tomatoes don't really turn red, but orange instead.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: DivingTemptress

Aapje

Oct 2, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I watched a lot of your videos and noticed your love for tomatoes, so I thought maybe Mark knows what type this is :)

daveb

Oct 22, 2020
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
reminds me of one a neighbor here had a number of years ago called black plum, when ripe they are a deep orange with subtle red black blush up at top near stem and very meaty like a roma tomatoe. if it is its an old heirloom tomato. it will start ad a purple white dark near stem and paler at blossom end then gradually change to orange , and cutting open the flesh inside may still show the purple black mingled with the orange

Aapje

Oct 2, 2020
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
reminds me of one a neighbor here had a number of years ago called black plum, when ripe they are a deep orange with subtle red black blush up at top near stem and very meaty like a roma tomatoe. if it is its an old heirloom tomato. it will start ad a purple white dark near stem and paler at blossom end then gradually change to orange , and cutting open the flesh inside may still show the purple black mingled with the orange
It lookes like a cross of tomatoes. It looks like a Galaxy indigo and it also looks like a Cosmic Eclipse tomato. I have attached some foto's of a ripe cut open tomato. And one tomato that was overripe.

Attachments

daveb

Oct 22, 2020
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Love the looks of it , the one at far right looks almost spot on for the ones Pete used to have here only his had a slight deeper color. amazing .... i'd love to see how large the plant grows and the characteristics. And would love to try that in hydroponics