What creature would you rather get bitten by? (Game)

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
Aug 6, 2014
They live down here, usually under limestones and logs. One bite gives you a painful welt the size of a 50c piece. Usually lasts for a week or more.
Probably prefer a cat bite than a ferret bite.

Blue-bottle or Box jellyfish?

Tim C

Premium Member
GOLD
Aug 6, 2014
Squeak,squeak..A huntsmen is as bad as the green and black ants.

A kangaroo or a wombat?

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Sep 27, 2015
Pomona, Qld
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Edited to add, oh sorry I didn't see the next page of today's fresh replies!

Yeh I'll bite!! :eat:

I'd have to pick ferret even though I have never even seen one in the flesh. Do we actually have ferrets in Australia(pets of course, not native animals)?

I've been bitten by a cat.
I was monstered by a Turkish Van that tore the skin & flesh off me from top of my head to well down my legs & tore my shirt right off me. I made the stupid mistake of trying to save the neighbour's cat from the other neighbour's hunting dogs. :facepalm:
I had over 100 deep puncture wounds including a few that needed a stitch, untold deep scratches including one on my eyeball & another up my nose & my lower lip was torn.
I was leaping around trying to peel this bloody cat off me while the dogs were still trying to grab it's tail but it refused to get off but attacked me continuously.
After it did let go the blood was running out of my hair, down my nose, chin, arms, legs & bare chest. It dripped off my nose, lip, chin, fingers, elbows, knees & bra. I was standing in a pool of fresh blood. My legs were streaked with runnels of blood.
Both neighbours were laughing but finally the dog neighbour put the hose on me to wash the blood off, wrapped me in a big sheet off their clothes line & took me into town to the doctor.
I had to have the stitches, pain killers & special antibiotics because cats carry a particular bacteria that humans don't have antibodies for.
Even after 3 days of ABs, the bacteria got hold of me, my arms, legs & lips blew up & went purple, I had a screaming headache & was so sick I wanted to die.
I have the constitution of an ox but a bloody cat nearly brought me down.
And to think that until that happened I actually wanted to get a Turkish Van cat but the price was too much.
I still have scars from that cat attack all over my arms, back, face & belly. :censored:

Tim C

Premium Member
GOLD
Aug 6, 2014
Bloody Hell!! I bet you won't do that again Cliss... That's a very steep learning curve dear. :blackeye: Reminds me of the bloke who rang my[shearing contractor] boss looking for a job shearing. Asked if he could shear, he said, "no, but I'm good with animals"......:facepalm:
Even 2 cats fighting are to be avoided at all costs.
If you didn't interfere the pig-dogs would probably have come off second best. You're bloody lucky they didn't start on you too.
My youngest sister used to torment all our pets as a kid. She got ripped up real bad several times for her trouble. Once by my pet rooster- he cornered her in the outhouse. Her nick-name to this day is Chook.
All the best, and stay away from the cats. By the way, yes we do have ferrets here, and they can take off a finger in one bite.

Elle 's Belles

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2015
Climate
Cold, Cool, Mountains, or Artic
Edited to add, oh sorry I didn't see the next page of today's fresh replies!

Yeh I'll bite!! :eat:

I'd have to pick ferret even though I have never even seen one in the flesh. Do we actually have ferrets in Australia(pets of course, not native animals)?

I've been bitten by a cat.
I was monstered by a Turkish Van that tore the skin & flesh off me from top of my head to well down my legs & tore my shirt right off me. I made the stupid mistake of trying to save the neighbour's cat from the other neighbour's hunting dogs. :facepalm:
I had over 100 deep puncture wounds including a few that needed a stitch, untold deep scratches including one on my eyeball & another up my nose & my lower lip was torn.
I was leaping around trying to peel this bloody cat off me while the dogs were still trying to grab it's tail but it refused to get off but attacked me continuously.
After it did let go the blood was running out of my hair, down my nose, chin, arms, legs & bare chest. It dripped off my nose, lip, chin, fingers, elbows, knees & bra. I was standing in a pool of fresh blood. My legs were streaked with runnels of blood.
Both neighbours were laughing but finally the dog neighbour put the hose on me to wash the blood off, wrapped me in a big sheet off their clothes line & took me into town to the doctor.
I had to have the stitches, pain killers & special antibiotics because cats carry a particular bacteria that humans don't have antibodies for.
Even after 3 days of ABs, the bacteria got hold of me, my arms, legs & lips blew up & went purple, I had a screaming headache & was so sick I wanted to die.
I have the constitution of an ox but a bloody cat nearly brought me down.
And to think that until that happened I actually wanted to get a Turkish Van cat but the price was too much.
I still have scars from that cat attack all over my arms, back, face & belly. :censored:
Hey Cliss,
Am pretty sure ferrets are illegal in Qld as pets - that's how I ended up with my Boo! She was 6mths old when an elder brother of one of my primary students was moving to Qld and couldn't take his gorgeous little bundle of fluff with him due to the State law, apparently. She was freaking adorable and I had her for about 6 years until she succumbed to adrenal cancer. Loved her to death. She was my first ferret and although I know my uncle had a few ferrets years ago and fed them milk and bread (ugh!) they are carnivores so she had the best diet I could provide. Much the same as what I feed my dogs too. Fresh is best. Ferrets are wonderful pets (well, my Boo was!) and they can have the cheekiest sense of humour and love to play. They also sleep a lot so that is awesome too. BUT, whenever we were outside she would catch a wiff of our chooks and would become hell bent on getting hold of one. They were very tame chooks as we bred them ourselves but when they saw Boo, they'd all screech alarmingly. That seemed to excite Boo even more and luckily a quick snatch and cuddle would calm the situation. Our cat who is still kicking along at 14yo wasn't worried about her ... at first. Then one quick nip on the cat's tail and the friendship was over. Boo L O V E D our dogs though! For some reason, she never thought they were food! And our dogs were great with everything on the farm, even our young chooks would 'roost' on Woody and Zulu while they were sleeping. Dogs didn't care - all good.
I too have been thrashed by a cat - also trying to rescue it from a dog attack - and know the feeling you speak of! I've never come across a wild ferret, but am sure I'd choose it over the cat EVERY time.

Reactions: Mark

Ken W.

Premium Member
Mar 17, 2015
Inglewood, QLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I'll take the kangaroo - so long as he doesn't slip in a rake with his hind legs.

Emu or Cockatoo?

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Sep 27, 2015
Pomona, Qld
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Oh yes I'd have to go cockatoo! Ever been chased by an emu? It's downright frightening!
At least with the cockie you can flick the bugger off if he bit too hard.
There's no flickin' the bloody emu off if he grabs you!

I used to cook on a cattle & sheep station out past Charleville & we used to raid the emu nests for eggs for Sunday morning scrabbled eggs. One emu egg = 12 chook eggs. But a lot harder to collect if Dad is nearby!:eat:

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Sep 27, 2015
Pomona, Qld
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Oh sorry Mark, brain was in neutral being last email of the night before hitting the sack! :sleep:

White Tail Spider or Red Back?