We don't eat much around here...

Discussion in 'Food - Cooking, Preserving & Fermentation' started by Tim C, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Tim C

Tim C Two heads are better than one Premium Member GOLD

Here's a selection of filling choices from the menu- camera 181.jpg
    Veal Cordon Bleu, topped with Tree spinach, filled with tomato,onion,capsicum,salami. Cheap cheese. Rice and dried peas, Tom Yum noodles.
    camera 184.jpg
    Chops 'n' chips. On a bed of Tatsoi, Tree Spinach and chips. Onion,capsicum and mushroom gravy.
    camera 190.jpg
    Beef Taco, Kidney beans and tinned tomato added to onion,carrot and mince/seasoning, plus extra Cumin and Oregano. Topped with Hon Tsai Tai. Salad is seafood extender, lettuce, tomato, capsicum, Summer Savoury, Marjoram, Parsley, Mint, Tarragon and Mums thin Egg Mayonnaise, as a dressing.:eat:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    From the menu? Your menu - home made? Sure looks bloody good!

The problem with home made gourmet meals like this is not enough people do it! !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tim C

It helps to motivate you when you have all the fresh stuff growing outside your door. On friday I had a precautionary colonoscopy, as Mum has stage 4 bowel cancer. That meant a limited diet the week before, and fasting Thursday. After getting the system full again I have a renewed appreciation of wholesome fresh food. All the excess lettuce etc. I cut went to the pubs and shops in Morgan(just under 10kg of lettuce alone)- I might ask for a bit of reimbursment next time, seeing as lettuce is $14.65/kg at Woolies.......! I can foot a $350/quarter water bill, but I might as well get something for my trouble, as feed it to the uncles chooks or my worms.
    Honestly, I'm just happy to grow it. The eating is just a bonus.:)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I agree and it certainly does motivate me to eat fresh when I grow it myself. Yesterday I had an oversupply of cabbage in the backyard but I couldn't bear to let it go and eventually feed it to the chooks so I spent the afternoon making a big batch of sauerkraut.

If it's in the garden it's easier to use and easier to eat healthy especially when you put some effort into growing the produce.

You should get some compensation for good organic produce? Maybe set up a small stall when you go into town?

5. Tim C

That's OK. I think I'll just supply the 2 pubs, the supermarket and the roadhouse - hopefully there will be enough left over to give some to Mum and friends. The garden expansion is slowing, but it has by no means stopped, as I still have heaps of area that is watered but not yet planted. Beans are only days away from ready, and zucchinis are fruiting. Choy Sum planted last night and Bok choy tonight.:)

• Like Like x 1