USA source for Rosella seeds?

KunipshunFit

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hey there. Does anyone have a source in the USA for Rosella seeds? I can only find them listed on ebay and Amazon. The Ebay listings have no reviews, and the Amazon listings don't induce a lot of confidence in the seeds being correct, or viable.

Followup question. Would anyone from somewhere else in the world be willing to ship me some Ill pay the postage if its not too bad! lol

Tonytony

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I wasn't able to find rosella seeds in the US either so I just ended up getting some shipped from thailand, heres the one I got-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112492699837
Seller is currently away until June though! I'd be happy to send you half of my seeds if you'd like, I got quite a few. Mine are growing nice and strong, although spiders seem to love them
20200411_115437.jpg

KunipshunFit

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I wasn't able to find rosella seeds in the US either so I just ended up getting some shipped from thailand, heres the one I got-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/112492699837
Seller is currently away until June though! I'd be happy to send you half of my seeds if you'd like, I got quite a few. Mine are growing nice and strong, although spiders seem to love them
View attachment 4543

That would be awesome! I'll happily pay for the seeds and shipping. We have TONS of those little green spiders. Seem like unobtrusive little guys. I'll DM you more info. :D

I love this place!

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I can't believe you people are planning to ship seeds all over the world from countries that have no quarantine control!

How can you be gardeners if you have no problems with spreading disease all over the world?

And what about the farmers who depend on clean seed and plants for their livings?

If you bring some terrible disease into your country and ruin all their crops, will you pay their bills?

Look what this darned Corona virus has done to the world!
That's people spreading disease all over the world rather than you with seeds.

Rosella is native to Australia where it's also farmed. Have you tried getting seed through the correct channels from Australia and paying the quarantine fees into USA?

AZ Orchard

Premium Member
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Roselle ( hibiscus sabdariffa ) is currently available at Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds too.

Tonytony

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I can't believe you people are planning to ship seeds all over the world from countries that have no quarantine control!

How can you be gardeners if you have no problems with spreading disease all over the world?

And what about the farmers who depend on clean seed and plants for their livings?

If you bring some terrible disease into your country and ruin all their crops, will you pay their bills?

Look what this darned Corona virus has done to the world!
That's people spreading disease all over the world rather than you with seeds.

Rosella is native to Australia where it's also farmed. Have you tried getting seed through the correct channels from Australia and paying the quarantine fees into USA?
I hope you understand just how accusatory you're coming off right now, I'd be much more responsive to a kinder, more informative stance. I'm not shipping them 'all over the world', I'm shipping them literally a state away from me, and I bought these seeds well before people had even heard of covid 19. If we didn't get seeds from other countries, then the modern garden wouldn't have half near the variety it has to day. On top of that, the type of rosella I'm growing is native to West Africa, not Australia, and no, I could not find any sources from Sudan or anywhere nearby. Me giving someone whos maybe a 6 hour drive from me tops some rosella seeds is not going to destroy all the farmers in my area or theirs. Insinuating we could start a pandemic by sharing a few rosella seeds is incredibly inappropriate, and sounds like a lot of conjecture on your part.

RnR

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I got mine through Mountain Rose Herbs. They sell Strictly Medicinal Seed packs which are sustainable USA company. SMS are out of seeds right now but they are selling starts...

Both great companies worth looking up.

Top Bottom