Tricks to tell if eggs are fertile or not... quail, chicken, duck

Discussion in 'Poultry, Domestic Livestock, Pets, & Bees' started by Mark, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi Yan,

I don't mind you posting here and even sharing information on your products as long as you don't go too overboard and keep it fair by contributing tips etc at the same time.

Cheers :)

2. Berkeloid

Berkeloid Active Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    @YAN: Do you make any incubators with better heating elements in them? Lots of people complain that they break very quickly and cannot maintain the temperature properly unless you completely cover them in insulation. I am reluctant to buy an incubator from China because of all the stories I have heard from people who lost many eggs because their incubator heater stopped working.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Perry

Perry Active Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    G'day,
    I hatch eggs all the time. I have a 50 egg incubator and each hatch I get between 25 - 30 baby chickens.
    This system seem very tempting to try. What size light bulb would you need to put under the eggs tray. I think you could make up a tray buy drilling holds in a 30 egg carton.
    I would appreciate a reply please.
    Cheers Perry

4. Perry

Perry Active Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    G'day,
    I have taken all that CoolblueDude on board. I have newly laid eggs are ready to test. I will put a couple of None Fertile with a cross on them. I will check when they hatch how well I went.
    Thank you so much for the reply and information.
    Cheers Perry