thinning radishes? or replanting?

Discussion in 'Fruit & Vegetable Growing' started by The Rubber Kitty, Nov 11, 2019.

1. The Rubber Kitty

The Rubber Kitty Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    G'day ...

When I planted my radishes... I kinda randomly planted them... so a few are growing really close together... ATM ... and well they are growing really well...

What I would like to know is if it is possible to 'transplant' them so that they grow bigger and if it will harm them? or just to harvest the Bigger ones and let the thinner ones grow?

I have sown some more as it doesn't appear to take long for them to grow... I am afraid my perpetual spinach is very sad atm, but my cukes anre QLd blues pumpkins and peas are going well...

sorry for the segway...

any help on the Radishes would be good? and is that a general rule... I don't want to have 'organised' rows... I like to throw a few things in together.

2. Wedgetail

Wedgetail Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi with my radishes if a bit thick I let them fill out abit and pop the odd one and eat it. If really thick I sacrifice a few but I don't try to replant them. As far as mixing your plants if it works for you that's what matters all the best with the garden. Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Just remember that seedling raddish are good in micro green mixes so even if you do have to thin them, they aren't wasted.

You can either leave them to fill out a bit before picking (never waste the leaves in anycase) or thin the little seedlings and put the thinnings on your salad.

4. The Rubber Kitty

The Rubber Kitty Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical

Herm I didn't think of that! ... Thanks