Dismiss Notice
Today's Birthdays
  • Mark Seaton

Thermal Solar Bee Hive

Discussion in 'Poultry, Domestic Livestock, Pets, & Bees' started by stevo, May 15, 2016.

1. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Sounds wonderful!

On face value it's a massive breakthrough to stop this awful parasite mite which is no good for anything except destroying bees...

Does it work that good in all climates I wonder? They didn't state any climatic limitations if any in the video so I assume it's been tested in all conditions.

3. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Good point about the different conditions Mark. I guess we'll find out.

There was a pollinator meeting recently in Australia to discuss how to cope with the expected impacts of the Varroa Mite. It sounded like they were expecting the honey bee industry to take a big hit in the near future.

This product campaign looks like it follows the Flow Hive style. I'm not sure if the general big bee keeper would want to pay the prices for the products, but they may take the ideas and do some field tests of their own. I'm sure there'll be plenty of experimenting with heating going on.

raised: $21,718 of the $20,000 goal, with one month left

4. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Well if the mite continues gaining ground on bees all around the world as expected then there will have to be a crisis point whereby governments concentrate efforts to find a solution because the threat of honey bees going extinct is too disastrous to contemplate letting happen.