Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
After only 3 years since replacing our submersible envirocycle septic pump it has failed again! Unfortunately, these pumps only come with a 2 year warranty and my service guy reckons the manufacture expects submersible pumps to die between 3 and 7 years, which is absolutely ridiculous!

At $850 who can expect to afford a new submersible pump for their septic every 3 years? Previously, my old pump lasted 15 years back to when our house was built and in the good old days when they manufactured stuff to last. When we replaced it the pump was hardly recognisable as it was so corroded but it worked.

This last pump was practically new yet had "motor burn out" at just over 3 years (one year out of warranty) - I'm not happy and I let my service guy know it. :mad:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Nah, that's the issue... I have to go with the guys who service our septic and they've trialed all the pumps on the market and won't touch or guarantee any others. He says he's not 100% happy with these current pumps either but they tend to last longer than most. In the pre-China days, the pumps were made to last but now they are rated between 3 - 7 years and all are now Chinese made... This is the world we live in unfortunately.

Top Bottom