stevo

nativebeehives.com
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
nativebeehives.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Here's a new one I saw, Solar Station. All the comments I've seen suggest it's awesome, new, what we need.

Crowd funding page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/solar-station-fast-simple-solar-power-at-scale#/story They're up to $10,000 of a $30,000 goal.

Specs: 600 watts of panels, 2000 watt inverter and 6 batteries of unknown amp hours?

I've read the specs, watched the video, and I don't really get it. It's a really expensive solar powered garden shed?

Last edited:

stevo

nativebeehives.com
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
nativebeehives.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I just got a reply for my battery question, "84 AH Interstate Marine x 6 = 504 AH."

I've looked at some prices for similar gear and the price seems ok taking in to account the solar system, shed materials and labour, not that I would buy one,

but I still don't really get it. It seems more of a nice idea for people that can't or don't want to make their own system?. I don't see anything new in it.

Last edited:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I suppose I could use something like this down the back of our property in the picnic area to power a fridge etc when having a bbq but it would be an overkill that's for sure. They say power your laptop... well, that's a big unit just to do that! If you are going to power your caravan then it would probably be better to get one fitted to the roof and inbuilt.

Yeah, it's an interesting find but as you say I don't really get it myself either particularly when portable autonomous solar power units are already on the market (large trailer ones and small ones) so the concept isn't new...

stevo

nativebeehives.com
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
nativebeehives.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I made a bit of a negative post on FB saying it was nothing new and what was the point etc, in reply to a page that was hyping it and was expecting some retribution, but nothing for days even though it continues to get liked and shared. I was actually hoping someone would reply and tell me why it was good, and i'd be happy and open to take on any good points, but I think people are just caught up in the weird hype?

I grabbed the Solar Station FB page soon after it was created and it had one like (the owner). It now has 162 likes. There's no conversation on the page.

ok so i'm a bit weird, I just like to keep track of these things.

$10,690 raised.

Top Bottom