eBay USA
Amazon
  1. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Mark submitted a new Showcase Item:

Snake Bean (standard Green)

Read more about this showcase item here...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Joseph Isaac

Joseph Isaac Active Member Premium Member

I love this veggie! I remember when I was a 10 and my dad would plant it! We usually cook snake beans with coconut milk and smoked fish, sometimes with soy sauce and vinegar much like "Adobo". I would make this the top 5 on my list this month after mushrooms, okra, bitter gourd and sunflowers. I hope they grow well this time. It's rainy season now in my place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Adding some vinegar sounds like a good way to eat them - I haven't tried that. We've used soy though (regularly) and this is sometimes all I need when eating Asian food.

We love asian style food and living in a subtropical climate it's easy to grow things like coriander, lemongrass, limes, chillies, ginger, etc with just a few of these ingredients one can make a tasty plus very healthy meal.

4. Jenny

Jenny Active Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    I bought two yard long bean plants last summer and only managed to harvest 1 single bean, before I killed the plants - possibly over watered it I think. Anyway, I dried the single lone bean for seed and I planted those seeds out today , next to a new makeshift trellis that I put together last week for my yellow passion fruit vine that has outgrown its container and that I have now placed in a big square container, with the makeshift trellis behind it.

Hopefully I won't kill the plants this time around and will finally get harvest enough beans to eat.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018