Simple Food Made With Poison, Pesticides, And Other Chemicals

Discussion in 'Fruit & Vegetable Growing' started by Mark, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi,

this thread has been started about the article Simple Food Made With Poison, Pesticides, And Other Chemicals posted on our sister site Self Sufficient Me.

If you have any questions about this article or would like to discuss it go right ahead here. :D

2. Anne.Wilson

Anne.Wilson Guest

Unfortunately most people don't question where or how their food is produced as long as it appears to be cheap and preferably requiring no preparation. When they do taste real food these people often find it too strong in flavour having been used to bland mass produced food. I have a saying, 'If you have to read the label it's not real food'

3. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I find this very true also and I'm amazed at how some people (especially Aussies) have such a bland palate and are so sensitive to different food or even home-grown produce. Sometimes when we invite friends over for a get-together our home-grown produce gets raised eyebrows often in surprise about how sweet a tomato tastes but even occasionally in a negative sense just as you say.

BTW, it's nice to have some company on the forum :wave:

4. nila11

nila11 Active Member

Organic food growing popularity of these days, most of the people do not have a clear idea about the meaning of organic food. In simple words, Organic food is these foods that are created, processed and packaged without using chemicals. They have accepted due to their apparent health benefits over conventional food.