Show me your pets (please)

taisla97

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hey everyone,
I'd love to see photos of all your pets, even wildlife, and a bit of a story about them.
E.g. here's my Bull Arab, Iggis. She's about 6yrs old(?) and loves to do "stealth-mode" where she creeps slowly around all the plants, taking in as many smells as she can (She's sneaking up under the banana tree in this particular photo). She also loves pats and walks, as well as going for drives on the back of the ute where shr can feel the wind in her face. One thing Iggis does not love, however, are flies! (Who does though??? - sorry entomologists, but they're annoying.) As soon as one is around, Igg will start nipping at the air and occasionally bites her tongue. Pesky flies.

Attachments

• 20200208_173748.jpg
    20200208_173748.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 540

Bronnie Price

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
These girls were free ranging in the garden, so I let them in for a quick look. There is Patrica on the left, Miss May on the right and Sally-Anne at the back. Sally -Anne is now 9 years old and is great at hatching and raising new chicks.
20160630_144853.jpg

Karla

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hey everyone,
I'd love to see photos of all your pets, even wildlife, and a bit of a story about them.
E.g. here's my Bull Arab, Iggis. She's about 6yrs old(?) and loves to do "stealth-mode" where she creeps slowly around all the plants, taking in as many smells as she can (She's sneaking up under the banana tree in this particular photo). She also loves pats and walks, as well as going for drives on the back of the ute where shr can feel the wind in her face. One thing Iggis does not love, however, are flies! (Who does though??? - sorry entomologists, but they're annoying.) As soon as one is around, Igg will start nipping at the air and occasionally bites her tongue. Pesky flies.
. This is Baxter an English lab and Emma who is 1/2 Pyrenees and 1/2 lab and what ever else the dad brought along. I also have 2 Schnauzers, ****zu, 3 cats, 20 Nubian goats, 6 horses, 45 or so chickens and ducks and then there is Israel. He is an Anatole Pyrenees mix who guards the chickens, ducks and goats. Love them all. By the way I didn’t write a curse word, it is the breed of dog. Oops!! Forgot the bees. I can sit for hours and just watch them.
2F1A3C60-6FE1-4DBB-B272-7A2BEE3E8496.jpeg

Last edited:

Karla

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Interesting that it starred the word. I believe the correct spelling is shih tzu anyway. I knew what you meant as soon as I saw ****zu though.

Lovely picture by the way
Spell check spelled it for me. Lol

Daily Chaos

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hey everyone,
I have 3 cats. (Hexas, my husband anniversary black cat since we were married on halloween. Cynder, also know as my titty kitty as he loves to lay accross me when i do my computer work. And Quizit, my daughters cat who mews horribly if my daughter isnt in bed by bedtime lol) A dog. ( Rin, my sons baby, half lab and half razor back. He has a nasty bark and growl but secretly is a big teddy bear baby) And now a crow. (Jeremy, when we first moved here a crow with a limp would come and sit on the lines and watch me so i started throwing out small food for him. Now every morning with my coffee he comes to my feet and waits for his breakfast. If i do not give it to him fast enough he pecks at the deck to get my attention) Chicks are coming but not here yet.

Attachments

• 20191214_222703.jpg
    20191214_222703.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 20191210_101658.jpg
    20191210_101658.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Justin M

Permaculture enthusiast
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
My big dopey boy Baxter who is a 3 year old labrador, all cuddly and in your face around the family but an unexpectedly loud and menacing gaurd dog when people are near our boundary.

The chickens are two of my 5 bantam Australorps, I also have a bantam Ancona in there as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_222512.jpg
    IMG_20200729_222512.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20200729_222809.jpg
    IMG_20200729_222809.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 256

spector

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Crash (chocolate lab) and Brooklyn (black lab). Crash is a pet. I adopted him about twelve years ago, when someone found him left for dead along the side of the road as a very young pup and turned him into the vet. I fostered him while he healed from a degloved back paw (vet thinks he was dragged along for a bit) and then fought off all the competitors to adopt him afterward. Brooklyn is my working dog. She does explosives detection, when she is not playing in the bathtub. We have been a team for about five years now. :)

Attachments

• B81BD2BE-613E-46E9-AB19-0E20137F1E3C.jpeg
    B81BD2BE-613E-46E9-AB19-0E20137F1E3C.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 275
  • 9F0E362E-F797-40EE-9C76-D4A96679EBB9_1_201_a.jpeg
    9F0E362E-F797-40EE-9C76-D4A96679EBB9_1_201_a.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 249

Justin M

Permaculture enthusiast
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Crash (chocolate lab) and Brooklyn (black lab). Crash is a pet. I adopted him about twelve years ago, when someone found him left for dead along the side of the road as a very young pup and turned him into the vet. I fostered him while he healed from a degloved back paw (vet thinks he was dragged along for a bit) and then fought off all the competitors to adopt him afterward. Brooklyn is my working dog. She does explosives detection, when she is not playing in the bathtub. We have been a team for about five years now. :)
Labradors are the best, just a pity about the unavoidable hair everywhere. Beautiful dogs!

spector

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Labradors are the best, just a pity about the unavoidable hair everywhere. Beautiful dogs!

Yes, they are little fur factories. They are job security for my Roomba.

DivingTemptress

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
:ROFL:

those roombas are baaaad

I love the shot in the tub

Here is my big boy FARO the Rottweiler, trying to be helpful after a thunderstorm

Top Bottom