Many months ago I planted a peanut plant just as an experiment. I posted about it but cant remember the thread so I have started this new thread. The plant grew very well, all things considered. It flowered quickly & soon I had young peanuts poking down into the soil (or rather into the potting mix & compost since I planted it in one of my bathtub beds.) I excavated the young peanuts before rats could discover them. Also I left a few to see whether or not they were eaten by rodents. It seemed the rodents didn't find them so I began leaving the young nuts to mature longer. The very young nuts were very nice but I wanted a bigger nut! lol I knew rain was the enemy of peanuts & there were a few rain episodes where it looked like the plant might die but each time it came back & flowered again. I had excavated under the plant to remove all nuts so they didn't rot. The plant didn't seem to be bothered by the root disturbance. However the first cool night a few weeks back seemed to herald the end of it. Maybe it was that time of year for it anyway. I mulched around it to cover the last developing nuts & finally dug them up today. I knew I had to get them out of the soil before they succumbed to moisture as peanuts are very prone to developing mould from moisture. Tonight I had a tasty entrée of fresh young peanuts. I also found 3 that had shot so I will put them back in new places in other bathtub beds tomorrow. Unfortunately I never took any photos.