Other side of Gawler

Janine

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Watched a video and decided to join as there was the distinct possibility the man doing the videos was capable of dad jokes.. I know, corny right, and with Aussie knowledge, I hope this place won't disappoint!
Have an eclectic and failing garden which, this time last year, was under bird netting. Mind you, my work requirement had changed so need to automate and streamline my ideas....and this looks as good a place as any to play in!
I do have, on the up side, have fencing now to stop dog if I remember to close gate so maybe getting a few chickens to cluck at the roots may be viable.

DarrenP

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for ideas, help, and dad jokes.
Good to have another South Aussie on board.

Janine

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
South Aussie ring in Darren, but I do try! I mean, I have come over to the dark side and this weather! Black outs, hail storms or blistering heat are just all part of any day!! And Melb think they have the monopoly on weather stories! Where are your and your family near?
Andrew, my boy doesn't care what it is so kind as he can eat it. . Regardless whether it's good for him or not. Last week it was my glasses (literally) today both my gumboots, the list goes on but I'd cry if I had to repeat it all... Maybe I can swap him for a footstool or electric blanket! ?

Looking forward to asking for help and getting some unfinished projects completed... I have a big enough area to sustain the pup and I.. Just need to get started again!

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I had to lock mine in the area where I do the majority of my gardening today so she didn't eat the real estate person doing an inspection.

She instead stomped all over my seedlings in a big garden bed, knocked over 2 pots of basil, ate a mouse trap & was about to chomp on another when I got home to let her out. At least she looked guilty about doing it I guess, I just wish she would think about being in trouble before she did these things!

It's a good time to get started, almost half way through the year already. Another month & it will be time to start getting seeds planted inside or in the greenhouse for spring.

What are some of the projects you are looking forward to doing?

Janine

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Putting up a few raised beds and hot house first. Then I'd like the green crunchy things to grow.. Just by miracle knot, of course!
I put pea straw down last year and it sprouted and I fed the neighborhood for nearly three months. It's rotted in and so the native plants out the front can be mulched this coming week

Janine

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Thanks so much Kasalia
It's been so informative and a bit fun along the way already. . Think I've found the right spot for me to play and learn about becoming Self Sufficient Me!

Janine

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello me-too (Letago) I often go away with work so I have a hit and miss with success... I think I need more timers and more automation!

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I've been using this timer from Bunnings, it's quite easy to program & has a heap of handy options.

You can water up to 4 times a day & set delays during each-so for example, water for 10 minutes, but each minute, turn it off for a minute to let the water soak in.

I've tried a few other which have fallen apart or stopped working after a few months, but this one I've had since xmas & have had no problems.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/pope-aquazone-duo-tap-timer_p3120893

Janine

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Now THAT is excellent thank you! I have a time which is a single tap and can be timed for twice a day... Works OK for now but it's not under a real load... Will keep this in the mus know cabinet of the grey matter

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Watched a video and decided to join as there was the distinct possibility the man doing the videos was capable of dad jokes.. I know, corny right, and with Aussie knowledge, I hope this place won't disappoint!
G'day Janine and thanks for joining SSC! I try my best to make my Dad jokes as cool as possible but they are an acquired taste - a bit like Jerusalem artichoke :)

I try my best to hit our forum as much as possible - lately, I've been super busy managing my presence everywhere and creating videos/articles but there are excellent members here that are active and knowledgeable so if I can't get to questions they often do.

Thanks again joining us!

Top Bottom