Anastasia B W Jones

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello everyone,
I was researching Ducks and came across this site and thought I would sign up for some down to earth information from people who own and raise ducks as a hobby. Oh and also to introduce myself. We (hubby and I) made the tree change 8 years ago and really should have done it sooner. Always thought I was a city girl but now I love the smell of freshly turned soil, and watching the sun going down, and the stars, my word they are huge out here. I also free-range chickens and have about 30 sheep and 2 dogs. Well the sun is down and time to lock up the animals cheers for now.
Anastasia

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Anastasia and thanks for joining SSC!

I would love to run a few sheep what size property do you have?

We did the tree change in 2006, although only 3 acres it's still a big difference to inner city or even suburbs - so quiet...

I keep ducks - only Pekins at the moment and before that I started with Khaki Campbells but I'm happy to share any information with you or answer questions. I'd say, if you're already free-ranging chooks than adding some ducks to your poultry mix won't be too difficult for you.

Welcome :)

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here and get what you're after. Weather must be turning where you are now, so hope you're all set for the winter!

Top Bottom