New French Feathered Leg Cuckoo Maran Rooster and others

Discussion in 'Poultry, Domestic Livestock, Pets, & Bees' started by Ray Speed, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Ray Speed

Ray Speed Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Got this boy a few days ago to add to the flock and has settled in really well, good looking boy

Brahma and Vorwerks

in the process of building some new coops

French Wheaton Roosters 13 of them

2 Dwarf Nigerian goats love these guys

2. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Recently on landline there was a woman with miniature goats which she called Australian minitures. They had to have a full grown wither height of 36cm which is very short!
    She had an old trampoline that they went berserk on along with an old slippery slide from a pool! You can get old tramps for free on gumtree. She attached on one side a set of 3steps so the goats could get up to the tramp.

So your new roo is a plymeth rock. What is the significance of the other feathered chooks?
    Are they mixed sex or all one or other?

I'm eating a lot of eggs now that I'm so incapacitated. Its a nice light protein and I wish I had my own chooks again. But being in and out of hospital so regularly now, it would be stupid to have my own because of no-one to look after them while I'm away each time. And also clean the pen, carry anything at all, etc. And now with only one usable arm, how would I apply lice powder for example. Can't see myself having chooks again now until or unless my right arm gets some movement back into it.
    Same goes for the milking goat I wanted.

3. Ray Speed

Ray Speed Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    The New boy is a French Cuckoo Maran rooster, not a Plymouth ROck, they do look similar :)
    the other feathered ones are Brahma (Is that the video with the 2 Vorwerks)? if so yes Brahma, and boys and girls, they are primarily our meat chooks, we have 30 hens with 3 roosters in the top paddock and 22 Brahma in the bottom, we also have been given the 13 little French Wheaton roosters we will keep one boy and eat the rest.
    Im not a fan of trampolines, I am in the process of building them a boulder playgym alot more natural and better for their hooves.
    :)
    Sounds like your going through a rough patch, hope your on the mend