Native Stingless Bees

Discussion in 'Poultry, Domestic Livestock, Pets, & Bees' started by Letsgokate, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Letsgokate

Letsgokate Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    This is one of my hives of native stingless bees, I have 2 now as this one was recently split a few months ago and is doing well. Love the bees with all the pollen, amazing creatures.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Cathy

Cathy Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Oh. I love these amazing bees. I have a hive that sprung up under an upturned rubbish bin that I flipped over so rain would not gather in it.

Mine do a swarm maybe every three months. I don't think they are always a takeover but maybe a threat if one or a new colony taking off to a new hive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lois

Lois Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Lovely video. Love to see more. Have a log with some native bees in it. Hoping to make a box and move some into it eventually. Did you make the box? Did it cost much? Was it difficult? I have been watching UTube vides n Australian Stingless Bees and look forward to enjoying as you do.

4. Letsgokate

Letsgokate Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I got the original hive as a birthday present with bees, costs around $500 . We bought the 2nd empty box off eBay as it match our current hive as far as what it is made of which is 100% poly as we have termites on our block and didn’t want pine which boxes are typically made off. Our aim is to make our own just didn’t have time this time round.

Steve who is on this site also makes and sell hives. :)

• Like Like x 1