Featured My Raised Veggie Beds

Discussion in 'Fruit & Vegetable Growing' started by Letsgokate, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Letsgokate

Letsgokate Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Have been very very busy over winter sorting out the front garden area and building an enclosed area for my fruit trees away from the possums. I'll post about that when it's all done. Pulled out the old front garden bed and planted lots of native plants, something like over 100 plants in my front yard. We also cut down 9 palm trees and 2 huge mango trees. I'll post some pics about all that later as well. We have been trying to get as much outside stuff done during the cooler months over winter.

So with all this I was running a tad behind this winter on getting veggies in but did get there in the end. :) I've taken a leaf out of Mark's book and started taking photos of the patch every week as a record of what is happening in the patch and what was planted when etc

So with all the photos I have and will be taking I decided to create a YouTube channel called Mama's Garden as a way of sharing them with you all and doing something with the photos I take and any videos down the track. I did take videos of us making the veggie beds so now I will have someplace to load them up too once I sort through all the footage, ha could take a while.

It's called Mama's Garden as my grandson called me that when he couldn't say Grandma :) and it stuck with my other grandchildren calling me that as well. Of course I am only just old enough to be a young grandma ;)

So I only have a few video's up there at present more of a slide show of some garden photos. Once the other areas we have worked on mentioned above are done I'll post on my channel about them too. :)

As I said busy busy busy.

Start of planting the beds for winter.

2. Letsgokate

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    July Veggie Patch update

3. Letsgokate

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    August update