Merry Xmas for 2013 & have a self-sufficient New Year in 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements, Rules, Admin Questions' started by Mark, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    It's been a big year for our forum Self Sufficient Culture (SSC) and I just wanted to take the opportunity to wish our members and visitors a Merry Xmas & a self-sufficient New Year.

I also would like to give a heartfelt thanks to those members who have helped grow SSC over the past 6 months. Websites like SSC have to start somewhere and it isn't easy gathering support for a forum start-up, essentially, it takes members prepared to give their free time and energy to get the forum going from scratch.

Without this initial support I'd be talking to myself online and whilst amusing it's so much better interacting with others who have similar interests and philosophies. I personally believe this online community will keep developing and grow into a leading lifestyle website - I don't know how long it will take but I do know self-sufficiency is a unique and growing interest which attracts a special type of individual.

If there's 81 members out there (at the time of writing this) who are willing to join SSC then there's 1000 others who will also join (once they find us) and imagine how many ideas and interesting self-sufficient content we'll have once we get to that milestone!

My New Year pledge is to keep improving the software and features on SSC to ensure we have a modern platform to communicate. Over the past few months we've added a Showcase, Competitions, and Gallery to SSC to help make the online experience for members (and also visitors) as fun and interesting as possible.

I want to make it easy for our members to share content and ideas or to show their self-sufficient accomplishments because as much as I love my own projects, I enjoy seeing what others are growing, building, making, or solving just as much.

So again, a BIG thanks to our members for a great year online here at SSC and also thanks to our regular visitors (perhaps you could join up in 2014?) may 2014 be an awesome self-sufficient year for you all! :popcork:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Montse

Montse Active Member Premium Member

Thanks, Mark! To you, your family, friends and readers, enjoy the holidays and best wishes for a wonderful and self-sufficient 2014! Have a great New Year's Eve! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Did everyone have a big xmas and new years? Pretty quiet xmas for me and then a full water ski / camping week. Stayed up to 12.30am new years which is pretty unusual for me.

4. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Yeah we took it pretty easy spent Xmas in Toowoomba with family had a great feed of king crab (never tried it before) and drank plenty of bourbon :)

Now I'm spending lots of time in the garden mulching plants and pulling weeds - how hot is it!

5. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    ah yes. I returned to a very dry garden. chickens were glad to see me.... or more so just wanted to be let out and hassle me for grapes. they would have had a boring week. the neighbour's kept an eye on them.

yer... too many burbons for me. and rum and beers on holidays. I need to go back to work so I get healthy again.

6. armysnail

armysnail Active Member Premium Member

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Back to the grind Monday.

• Like Like x 1