Making Mead - Kedron - August 2013

Discussion in 'Places, Events, Business' started by stevo, Jul 12, 2013.

1. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    long story... i was chasing some big beer glasses and a jug. and i did some googling and ended up at the Brewers Choice website, which just happended to be The Home Brew Barn! (as previously recommended by Ant on this forum), while i was browsing the website i saw they have demos, and the next suitable one that i thought might be good was "Making Mead" .. (which i can not find on their website now at all, so i'm thinking i must have had too many drinks?) .. but anyways... while i was there, i asked about the Making Mead demo, and Stewart said there might be one next month (August) so i put my name down. He said there's usually 20 places, i am the first on the list. There is no date set yet. They will let me know when the date is. They have to get the numbers up before they set the date i guess.

If you look on their website they have all kinds of interesting stuff, making beer demos, wine, yeast, cheese, coffee, all kinds of cool stuff. It's not the most sexiest website but there's some good stuff, videos, info etc. ( i have no association with this place)

http://brewerschoice.com.au

If anyone wants to come along to the Making Mead demo get in to it and contact them and put your name down.

======================
    Event: Making Mead Demo
    Date: August - day unknown
    (i will update when i find out, and update this thread if i get there and post a follow up)

2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I don't think I have ever tried mead - I should know I suppose but sometimes my drinking nights are sketchy on recall :D

So mead is made from honey isn't it - what's it taste like (dessert wine)? Do you have an interest in making honey also or just like the taste of mead and interested in making it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevo

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I don't know anything about it... i just thought i'd do it as it's an activity on offer :cheers:... i think i had Mead years ago, some kind of hippy drink. I reckon it'd be a good activity for people, even if you're not in to home brew, but it's a kind of a good "self sufficient" thing.

It's all in the home brew category i guess. People might find it interesting.

learn stuff, expand your knowledge and skills :cheers:

4. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Fair enough. I guess we self sufficient dudes are a bit like that aren't we... Make something or learn about it just for the heck of it. :)

5. stevo

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    i found a lone stubby in the fridge so i thought i better test out the glasses that i bought the other day.. this is a full stubby in this glass... it's huge :eek:

[​IMG]

6. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    OMG! That's a big glass if there's a stubby already in it - probably best fill it next time as the tide is a bit out :cheers: