Java Plum, Pineapples and MORE Jaboticabas !!!

DivingTemptress

Premium Member
GOLD
Feb 7, 2020
Nassau Bay, Texas USA
Climate
Sub-Tropical
More additions for my edible landscape - the Java Plum or Jambolan Plum the Syzigium cuminii.

I obtained 3 young seedlings for the price of the shipping. Then had a conversation with another fruit grower who had a 2 year old plant that I was able to buy super cheap. . . so now I have 4 !!!
I intend to keep them in pots so I can control the size and hopefully get them fruiting and be able to protect them from freezing in the winter.

Java Plum all 4 new plants.jpg
My collection is expanding wonderfully this year. Besides these I have added:
8 new finger limes that are 2+ yrs. old
2 - 8 month old Plinia Coronata Restingas
8 month old Plinia Phitrantha ESALQ
2 yr. old Red hybrid Jaboticaba
Pitangatuba
28 Hilo White pineapple slips
This weekend I am getting another 2 yr. old Red hybrid
and hopefully next week am getting a 2 yr. old Genoa Loquat

I had to promise my husband that I won't buy anything else until springtime hehehe
Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess
Happy Gardening Folks,
P J, the Dirt Diva

Reactions: AndrewB

DivingTemptress

Premium Member
GOLD
Feb 7, 2020
Nassau Bay, Texas USA
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Andrew,
Your place is totally awesome !! Yes with the Java Plum I read multiple warnings about the spread of roots being destructive and the fruit staining ... my yard is not large enough to let them grow unchecked. Now if I had acreage things would be different !!

I am excited to get my new loquat. My next door neighbor's yard man girdled my tree with his weed whacker just as the fruit was beginning to ripen (1st time GRRRR) and this Genoa is supposed to be very large fruit and tasty. If I get lucky I might have fruit next year or so.

I'd rather be lucky than smart hehehe
P J, the Dirt Diva