It's all new to me!

Pene

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi, I'm retired and volunteer four days a week. I manage the kitchen at a school for "disengaged" and often disenchanted young people aged 15-19. We recently established a kitchen garden and were lucky enough to have "lots" of seedlings donated. This has led to an abundance of some veggies.
What a steep learning curve for me to make sauces and pickles, however I have 100's of questions :))
I won't bore you all with them here but will scroll through the threads in search of answers and more inspiration.
thanks
Pene

DarrenP

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome to the forum. There is a little bit of everything on here, and plenty to read and learn.

Pene

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Thanks for the advice. looks like recycling jars might be out of the question if we wish to gift our produce. cheers Pene

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi @Pene and thanks for joining us!

What a challenging role you have volunteered for but I imagine it can be also very rewarding and what you can teach young people through making food products such as preserves from your own produce is invaluable.

Good on ya! :twothumbsup:

Lois

Premium Member
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Pene, I bet that is fun. How did you go with our excess. Love to see a picture f one or two. Ohh Welcme to the grou.

Owlonthewing

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi Pene,
I am involved with our local primary school. We have a large kitchen garden and often have excess fruit and vegies. We now have a stall at our local farmers market once a month. We use the money we make to put back into the kitchen garden program. It does take a bit of extra work but it is very rewarding.
Keep up the good work
Andy

Top Bottom