Introduction (Saying Hola)

MiCasa

Climate
Tropical
Greeting to friends at #SelfSufficientCulture. I am a lover of nature, lived more than half of my life in USA, traveled a lot but now residing in Nigeria, my birthplace. I am presently a hobbyist in grafting fruit trees like mango, avocado and citrus. I like to have on a particular fruit tree a multiple varieties to of the cultivar. Helps are much welcomed on how and where I get scionwoods.

Regards

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Welcome MiCasa. Very interesting hobby you have.

What time of year do you do your grafting? Which part of the branch do you take your scion from?

I am also wanting to graft some oranges onto 2 other citrus I have, a grapefruit & a myer lemon.
I purchased this property with its orchard 10years ago when the property had a full time live-in gardener.
But I now do all the work myself so several good citrus trees have died while others are not doing very well.
However the grapefruit is doing very well without any help from me so I think it would be the best tree to graft some orange scions to.
The lemon fruits prolifically & I don't need all those branches making fruit so I wondered whether I could turn a couple of them into oranges using a different orange variety from another tree that's not doing so well.

The thing I find is that unless I was the one to plant the trees, I have no idea what varieties I have. Most people don't name tag their trees. I have a bad memory so I need to tag my trees so I remember what I have! So I've made tags out of flattened tin cans & embossed the name on the tag & hung it around the truck with loose wire.

Top Bottom