Introduce myself

Glenda

Premium Member
Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
Hi Everyone
My name is Glenda I am a real mad gardener and try to grow every thing as close to organic as possible. I have extensive vege gardens and a small orchard with different fruit trees and the humble free range chickens running around the back yard eating all the pests. I love reading Bout other people's experiences and tips on growing Vegetables etc. I have currently added to my plot another 4 dragon fruit poles making the total 8 the first 4 have now just started to produce fruit (not a lot) at this stage as I am still learning how to get the correct growing environment. I live in an area about half way between Ipswich and Toowoomba so have to deal with a lot of harsh growing conditions and some years total lack of rain.
Anyway nice to have joined this group and hope to pick up loads of tips and maybe add some useful tips as well
Glenda

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Glenda welcome aboard!

Our online self-sufficient community is growing just like our gardens this year and I hope you enjoy your membership.

We have regular competitions (some with prizes to win - and we hope to expand this in the future as our membership base expands) plus there are easy ways for everyone to share information, ask questions, and generally communicate about subjects we all have a common interest in here on our Website.

I live in an area about half way between Ipswich and Toowoomba so have to deal with a lot of harsh growing conditions and some years total lack of rain.
Yes, it can be dry out that way but in the good years the hills roll green also - beautiful country. I suppose you'd have some good tips about growing produce in these types of yo-yo environmental conditions...

Thanks for becoming part of our online community :)

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
G'day Glenda. Welcome here. We have a few people here from SEQ and a lot of combined knowledge and experience. Some like me are starting afresh without any farming/gardening experience but keen to learn. Hope you enjoy it here.

Margarita Castaneda

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome Glenda: You sound as though you are a very busy lady. It is desert where you live? Like Kingman Arizona? My mother used clay red pots and turned them on their side then filled them with water and slowly the water would be absorbed through the clay pot, into the plants. We lived lived there for three years and mom had beautiful plants outside. Your garden sounds like it is loved by you. Best luck with your trees, chickens and garden. I would love to hear how your garden is doing. Happy planting my sister.

Margarita Castaneda

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello Stevo: Where is it that you live? You stated, sub tropical. Is it humid there and if so how are your outside plants managing. What about the bees: Is there enough nectar for them. Do you ship honey to different states, and is it OK to sell. "Yah", so many questions sorry! A bit curious, I suppose. I'm new to the forum, learning how to reply and to post. I'm interested in knowing more about different herbs from different locations. What is most abundant in your area?

Margarita Castaneda

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Letsgo: Hello and welcome. "Oh", Boy I can just imagine the beautiful sunsets there in Australia. My Greatgrandfather came from Australia I have just enough Native American blood to give me a toasted color. What native plant would you think is most used as a medicinal herb in your area? Here in Cottonwood, Ca. I think the Black mountain Elderberry and Horehound are most used. Theres sure is a lot of medicinal herbs growing locally here. I'm getting ready to til the ground for this Spring's garden. I want to plant plenty of greens and plants that are annual's. Again, welcome and I look forward to hearing from you.

Top Bottom