Incubator Chinese No name JN 48 Manual

Discussion in 'Poultry, Domestic Livestock, Pets, & Bees' started by Mariette, May 17, 2014.

1. Bill47

Bill47 Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    I now believe I have found my problem with this incubator. After successfully using it in the house a couple of times, I moved it to a back shed. My first hatch there was very poor and the subsequent one had all the problems above.
    This shed was fed by quite a long extension lead and contained a few fluorescent lights with the old style ballasts. I now have reason to believe either voltage drop (because of the length of the lead) or fluctuations in the supply when switching the lights on/off caused the problems with the electronics. I have since moved the incubator back to the house and trialled it. It now seems to be working perfectly.
    Cheers,
    Bill

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    @Bill47 thanks mate for the extra info and even though your issue came back the reset tip might still help someone else anyway so cheers to you! :cheers:

3. Greg Franklin

Greg Franklin Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi MJ, I currently have the small version of what you have...the AL is for low temp alarm, AS is high temp alarm, AH is low humidity alarm, CA is to calibrate the internal thermometer, HU is humidity setting , and HS is the high temp setting and LS is for the low temp setting...If you hold the set button for a few seconds you will see the display changes to letters that represent the settings I mentioned...use the plus or minus button to scroll through them...when you are on the one you want hit set again and then you can change the number setting, after setting it to what you need hit the set button again and all it a few seconds to time out and it should go back to the main temp setting...my only problem is the CA for calibrating it, I don't know wether to add or take away when it's running to high...remember all these settings just flash when they are above or below what you set them at, no self correcting...I hope this helps some...if you know anything about Calibrating a C thermometer to match with my secondary Fahrenheit thermometer I would be grateful!! Good luck

4. Greg Franklin

Greg Franklin Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I also meant to mention that if you're machine is just a bigger version of mine...make a mark on the eggs and you will see that it does turn them, it's just such a slow gentle process that you can't see it happening! Now that is if yours has the tray and the little metal rod that fits into the slit on one end of the tray..opposite the temp probe! Cheers

5. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I gave up with the internal calibration on the incubator and just calibrated the standard temp with a separate quality thermometer. In other words, if the front panel readout was higher or lower than 37.5 C it didn't worry me as long as the independent thermometer showed the correct temp - I adjust accordingly off that.

If I had a better quality incubator I might calibrate the unit but these cheap ones are inconsistent anyway...

6. Mohamed Hareez

Mohamed Hareez Member

Dear Mark,
    I just Get a new HDD 56 Incubator. yesterday i put a digital Thermometer (rossmax-TG380) inside the incubator on top of auto turner, display show the Temperature 38.1 C and Humidity 69% and the digital Thermometer show the reding 37.1C, any Advice please.

Thanks & Regards
    M.Hareez