Incubator Chinese No name JN 48 Manual

Discussion in 'Poultry, Domestic Livestock, Pets, & Bees' started by Mariette, May 17, 2014.

1. Sean61

Sean61 Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    How do you scroll days?

2. Country Critter Folks™

Country Critter Folks™ Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    I have Janoel 48ct..... It will not come up above 96 degrees.

I have it turned up to highest setting 39.5, it will not go higher.

I have three thermometers inside, they all say 96-97 degrees.
    Please Help, this isn't even a year old.

I have no book and no where can I find contact information for Janoel.

3. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi @Country Critter Folks™ and welcome to SSC!

I'm assuming you have read the manual at the beginning of this discussion as it shows how to adjust the temp past the current maximum display limit ie override the max limit...

Therefore, it's likely then that your unit has gone like mine and the heating element is either faulty or burnt-out, which is the most common issue with the JN8-48.

Since your unit should still be under warranty perhaps you could ask for a replacement?

4. nsw85

nsw85 Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Not sure if it would help but you could calibrate the temp

5. nsw85

nsw85 Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Hi Sean. Mine is the same. Just ignore it and it will change to day 1 after 24hrs

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baruch

Baruch Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Hi, this is baruch from mexico, i have recently bought an 98 eggs chinese incubator but i have a problem, in the 10th day the incubator stops working it looks like all the parameters are reseted by itself, the temperature decrese and i have to introduce the paraneters again, so that the incubator start working, so, i dont know what im doing wrong? Or what do i have to do to correct it. The first time i used i didnt know what i had to do to fix it, and normaly i have to introduce the parameters again.

I will apreciate all the advices... thanks.

7. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi Baruch, welcome to SSC.

The incubator shouldn't reset itself maybe it was a power surge?

Is it working ok now?

8. Baruch

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Mark, thanks for the answer, i did my first test with chicken eggs and 2 times in intervals of 10 day the incubators stops working, well it was working but not functioning, i don't know what happened, the power source it was ok just the day counter showed an "oh" and not the day "10" and the temperature it was not working like if the temperature program was reseted, the temperature showed was the environmental temperature and not the 37.5°C that i introduce in the beginning, that's the problem, in the 10th day i had to introduce again the "default parameters" and in the day 20th, so i had to reset the day counter in each 10 day, i tried everithing, reset the incubator, connect again the cable, the motor, etc, and just introducing the parameter again it makes the incubator heat again.

i dont know what i did wrond or if one parameter is introduced wrong.

Thanks

9. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    That's unusual and unfortunate since it can obviously affect hatching.

Can you confirm that you can see the day setting in the beginning is for the time you require such as 21 etc and not set for 10?

However, this doesn't account for why the unit is changing the temperature because even if it "thinks" hatching time is reached at day 10 it should still keep the temperature set at 37.5 C or whatever you set it to... so it doesn't make sense to me.

I have a feeling the units cpu is faulty. The settings on these incubators are not that complicated so if it seems faulty it probably is.

10. Baruch

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Im using again the incubator i hope this time works... in 3 days i write again to explain if its working the incubator

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Ok, best of luck with it!

12. Diana Ernst

Diana Ernst Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Hi Mark, I purchased 2 of these Chinese Incubators off eBay last Spring, from the seller Eggcubator ( No longer on eBay). I should have used the included Styrofoam to insulate them. Nothing telling you to do this in my manual, but burnt out both heating elements. I have searched for replacement elements for them all over the Web, that's how I came to you. You are my only help ( Sorry sounds like a cliche) , but you are. I would like to replace the heating elements, but can't them anywhere. I thought you might know. Thank you Diana

13. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi Diana, sorry to hear about your incubators burning out the elements the same thing happend to me also.

Are you in Australia? Because these guys http://www.crazydealsonline.com.au claim to sell spare parts for JN8-48 egg incubators you would have to contact them and see if they sell the heating element because I can't specifically see it for sale in their product catalog but if they sell other parts for this particular incubator such as replacement fans and tilt tray motor, etc then they might also sell the elements.

For people in the USA there's this heating part on eBay that is supposed to fit this incubator but I'm not sure if it is relevant to the element issue or not it's just something I came across when searching for JN8-48 incubator parts and I see they have sold a lot of them...

If you have any luck please come back and let us know :)

14. Diana Ernst

Diana Ernst Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    I'm in the USA. I'm assuming it's the heating element, because after hours on you can't feel any heat. The Heat and Humidity on the Monitor was changing, and light would come on like it was heating too! Thank you again Mark, I will look this part up :)

15. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Ok Diana, best of luck with finding the part - if the heating part listed on eBay USA (in my last post above) isn't the problem and you actually require the metal element itself (the part that heats up) then perhaps the guys selling this part can give you some guidance. Or, if you can't get the exact heating element then maybe try a generic diy incubator element as a replacement because if everything else is working fine such as the thermostat then most elements designed for incubators should work I would think... Cheers :)

16. Justin Sumner

Justin Sumner Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    How do I remove one of the egg turning trays from the turner?

17. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    From a 48 egg incubator or the 96 egg? And, what are you trying to achieve?

18. Justin Sumner

Justin Sumner Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    I need to clean one rack, but I cannot seem to get it out. Is there something I am missing? It is a 48 egg incubator.

19. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I used to just unplug the tray... on the inside there's a little plastic plug with a wire running back to the main panel pull that apart and then lift the tray out because it's meant to come out for the final phase of hatching out. Then give the whole tray a soak and scrub in hot water (keeping the motor dry of course).

If you could upload an image to explain further what you mean that would be helpful - it is important that you are able to properly clean it between batches as I'm sure you are aware so I'm happy to try and help nut this out with you. :)

20. Bill47

Bill47 Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Hello Mark,
    Late to the party again.
    I also bought one of these 48 egg, yellow top, Chinese incubators early in 2016 and the first few times it worked just perfectly. Despite the "manual"(overstatement) stating press "reset" would reset both the egg turner countdown and day counter, only the turner counter ever reset.
    However, the last couple of times I used it, it began to malfunction. Humidity reading became erratic for a while and then stuck permanently on 99%. The temperature reading and control also became erratic.
    I decided to double check everything so I obtained a cheap digital temperature reader to compare the incubator control panel readouts.
    To ensure this cheap sensor was accurate I mixed some hot and cold water in a plastic mug (to body temperature) and placed the cheapie probe (silver tube on the end) into the water in the mug along side an accurate medical digital thermometer (most parents would have one) and compared the reading. Surprisingly the digital cheapie was as accurate as the digital medical thermometer.
    So I put the cheap temp reader probe in the incubator and it confirmed the incubator's temp control and panel was erratic and incorrect. I tried all the manual suggested in changing the settings but to no avail.
    At this point I contacted the seller (on Ebay) who quickly responded.
    Apparently pressing both the green "+" and "-" buttons at the same time and holding for 7 seconds will reboot the entire control board and restore the factory defaults (. I assume this is similar to doing a "system restore" on a computer). I have no idea why it is not mentioned in the "manual"
    Long story short ------ all was restored perfectly. Day counter reset to "0", temperature reading and controls as well as the humidity reader are all working perfectly. I did find that the incubators temperature reader was 0.2 degrees out and modified this by adjusting the "CA" (calibration) setting.
    I hope this helps other members with any similar problems.

"EDIT"
    Boo, hiss! The problem has re-occurred. It seems that the reset only temporarily fixed my problems. Looks like another word with the seller is on the cards.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1