Howdy from Texas!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by V. Newby, Jan 6, 2019.

1. V. Newby

V. Newby Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Wow, looks like I've found a community of like-minded others here! For years I've been saying to those around me, "Put in a garden," only to be met with replies about how busy they are, or how much work (they think) it is, or something similar. But, to me, some sort of self-sufficient activity is so satisfying!

I used to say, "It always tastes better if someone else cooked it." But in 1995 I got roped into making a garden, and I changed that saying to, "It always tastes better if I grew it myself!" I have kept a garden wherever I lived since then except for a few times of transition.

So now I'm in a little house in a little neighborhood, and I have a little garden in the back yard, and I'm very happy about that. I miss having chickens, but that's not practical for me right now, so I'll be satisfied with my little garden :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what all there is to learn here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Welcome V Newby!
    One thing that I always enjoy is when I harvest the first potatoes and cook them straight away. They have a crispness to them that disappears after just a few days.

Yes even if you live in a one room bedsit, you can have a little garden in a box so long as it gets a few hours of sunlight each day.

3. Letsgokate

Letsgokate Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Welcome, it is certainly nice to be able to eat your own fresh fruit and veggies. They do taste better :)

4. Andrea Domenico

Andrea Domenico Member

Welcome to this board!!