How to grow a ton of radishes (sort of)

Discussion in 'Fruit & Vegetable Growing' started by Jack H, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Jack H

Jack H Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    So I wanted to experiment a bit and see what would happen if I threw a bunch of radish seeds into one of my fabric pots... take a look :D.

In the end, an alright harvest for such a small space.
    However due to the competition these plants had with each other I may have maximized the space as much as I could. Which explains why the foliage is quite tall and why there were a lot of little ones.
    These are a little over 6 weeks old

202E3B5C-6BCC-48E7-8A78-2D297DE04D84.jpeg 3013DB74-39E8-41BD-8024-B160D2719E50.jpeg B257EDFE-3B68-4282-90B4-25B7C64DFC0B.jpeg

2. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Great little harvest.
    What veg will you try next, Jack?

3. Jack H

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Got a fair few broad beans in the works which I’m keen for. so far managing to grow about 26 different veges in my small growing space, just trying to figure out ways to maximize growth with the little space I have.

4. Mark Seaton

Mark Seaton Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    I threw a bunch of radish into one of my first semi raised garden beds as I wanted something to show for it quickly. Well 3 months later I am still harvesting them, I suppose there is certainly something to be said for over sowing. That way only as you remove the mature ones, the others can finally grow.

5. Jack H

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Yeah to be honest that’s the smarter thing to do because now I have about 40 radishes I gotta try and eat haha.
    Initially I was harvesting the outer radishes one by one, but I really just wanted to pull the lot up and use the space for something else.