Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hot chips or French fries vending machines are coming by Christmas this year 2015.

For a country on the verge of eating herself to death hot chips at the push of a button and ready in just over 2 minutes is the last thing we need or is it... What do you think?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-28/chip-vending-machine/6052798

stevo

nativebeehives.com
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
nativebeehives.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Sounds like a fire hazard :focus:

quote: "You put your money in and it goes from frozen to the fryer and in your cup within two minutes and 20 seconds," Mr Bendotti said.

It's hard to imagine them being nice although they say it's a complicated machine so must be acceptable. You would think the oil would have to heated 24hours a day so it's ready to cook? It'd use a fair bit on energy.

I doubt i'd ever use.

Tim C

Two heads are better than one
Premium Member
GOLD
They should throw that bloke in jail in my opinion. Vending machines are a double edges sword. Less employment and ultimately less private enterprise. He should have used his genius to make a suicide booth for politicians.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
It's hard to imagine them being nice although they say it's a complicated machine so must be acceptable. You would think the oil would have to heated 24hours a day so it's ready to cook? It'd use a fair bit on energy.
You would think the energy costs would be outrageous I agree - proly wouldn't buy a machine for home use LOL :p

They should throw that bloke in jail in my opinion.

That might be going just a tad too far :D

They do expect potato farms to benefit from more sales so that's a plus. And, the innovation is potentially a job creator in itself as the vending machines are manufactured in Australia (there will be lots of them too and probably worldwide demand).

How they taste and the cost per unit will be the key test for the public I suppose. Fries is the last thing I eat or buy when we get takeaway food anyway so my interest is purely academic.

Top Bottom