Hoselink sale 72 hours.

Director

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Apparently this gear is pretty good stuff, they're having a 3 day sale on the following:

https://www.hoselink.com.au/flash-sale

"
For $40 you get two complete sets of connections, with our bomb-proof all metal spray gun delivered to your door.

This is TWO "Ned Kelly Starter Kits" Product page which sell for $33.90 a piece, so with this sale you're essentially saving $28 when buying a pair.

The connections are legendary, have a 3 year warranty and customers who purchased them when we first launched over 10 years ago still have the same ones in use today!

The spray gun is the most durable spray gun we've ever developed and is designed to be serviced. A little silicone lubricant once a season and I would expect it to last many years to come.

Anyone who is still on the fence on whether or not to try Hoselink connections, now is the best time to buy.

Sale ends end of day Friday. "

Short vid on how they work:

Last edited:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I hate their web page with the special deal it gives me motion sickness :D

Damn YOU @Director you've made me impulse buy! :p

It just so happens I was fed up with two of my hose fittings (front yard and back) and was going to replace them anyway. I go through a ridiculous amount of hose fittings and sprayer attachments it seems they only last me about 6 months max before they start leaking etc so hopefully these HoseLink fittings will do the trick.

If I get a few years leak free usage out of these I'll be really happy.

I'll let you know how I go... Might even write a review if they're any good :thumbsup:

Director

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Harden up ladies!

Pretty sure the space animation thing goes away once you click the 'buy' button. :)

But yeah I got the deal and a couple of other things as well. I liked the look of their retractable hoses very much, might lash out when the weather warms up.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I'm eying off their retractable hoses also.

I purchased a cheap one from Bunnings a few years ago and it drives me crazy! Ya pull the hose out and it won't lock so I feel like a fireman putting out a fire leaning forward just to water the garden :D

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Their gear is just awesome. Thanks for the link Paul.
Had to take advantage of this deal also, but with time, I think I'll be back to them for some of their other kits.

Director

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD

Steve

Valued Member
Premium Member
Well I've been looking at Hoselink for a while now and just waiting for something to give me the little nudge required.
Nudge received thanks very much.
Haven't heard a bad thing about their products and longevity will be a welcome feature to my garden hose attachments.

Thanking you

Ken W.

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I've been using the Hoselink fittings for about 2 years and highly recommend them. They are solid and robust. The only problem I have encountered is that the o-rings need replacing over time if you are regularly changing fittings but they supply spares in the kits.

Letsgokate

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
letsgotravelaustralia.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical

Director

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
OK so I got my 2 spray kits hooked up yesterday and they seem pretty good. There are no leaks and the sprayers looks perfect for veges and in the orchid shed. My only other sprayer was an el-cheapo so I don't know how these compare with similar offerings. The sprayer looks easy to service with a removable piston cap into which you put a few drops of SILICONE oil once or twice a year. I was under the impression that the spare oil shipped with the unit but they didn't, a quick email to Hoselink and I was told they'd be in the mail that day, no charge (great service). Otherwise the silicon oil is 3 for $3 on their site, so not expensive. The connections look rock solid and were easy to fit, my only fear is that they might be a bit 'too' hard to get off the hose again but I haven't checked into removing them yet either.

Got a reply on how to remove the suckers: (can't fault the service)

HOW TO REMOVE HOSELINK FROM YOUR HOSE:
1. Unscrew the yellow nut and move it up the hose out of the way.
2. Using a screwdriver, push it into the “split” in the white split ring, while trying to wedge the white split ring back up the hose.
3. Once the split ring is out of the way, poor hot water into the fitting over the end of the hose. This will soften the hose and make it easier to get it off the Hose Connector.
4. Finally, once softened, drain the hot water away then carefully pull the hose directly upwards off the hose fitting.
NB: Be careful not to snap the stem inside the Hose Connector by pulling the hose on an angle (breakage is not covered under our guarantee).

Please click the link below for a video demonstration on fitting instructions:

Last edited:

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
That's good to hear. I haven't put mine together yet but postage was fast. For a gardener a solid non leaking hose assembly and sprayer is a Godsend.

Ash

Valued Member
Premium Member
Website
asmedical.webege.com
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Agreed. I have my set also arrived only a couple of days after ordering and it does look like a quality product. I'm saving it for more heavy duty use later.

67HR

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Old thread, but I'm hooked on Hoselink.
I bought a 25mt retractable real with UV cover and Ned Kelly Starter kits (which I don't belive they have now)
In four years I've never had a hose burst off. Top gear.
"When I started In Business 30 years ago a supplier of a quality product told me a little saying that holds true to this day.
"Quality is remembered, long after price is forgotten" It rings true with this supplier

JoshW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I've decided on going with hoselink after Marks video review. I'm just waiting for right sale to pop up. The $80 bonus wasn't bad, but realistically I'd only use the $17 sprinkler. I joined their FB group and issues get resolved really quickly.

GKW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Damn you all....stop giving my bad ideas about buying this gear. :D

67HR

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I must say, this is a great idea; The Flow Control allows you to swap over guns/wands or hook up your hose without the need to run back and turn off your water source. I bought one to try it out and will get some more to add to my hoses next order.
flow control.JPG

Mark Seaton

Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I must say, this is a great idea; The Flow Control allows you to swap over guns/wands or hook up your hose without the need to run back and turn off your water source. I bought one to try it out and will get some more to add to my hoses next order.
View attachment 4540

I bought a hoselink hose with a bonus attachment kit and that was in there.
The gear is really good, I have had hoses blow off in the past when I accidentally left them on, but with this, I have left the hose on for about 6 months and the hose has not swollen or leaked at all. The only thing I had happen was the plastic lever broke, it still worked, but had cracked and that was after about 3 years. I went and ordered another hose for out the front and contacted them about the broken lever, and even though it was out of warranty, they just threw a new one in with my next order.

Top Bottom