Hoselink sale 72 hours.

Discussion in 'Building DIY, Machinery & Tools' started by Director, May 14, 2015.

1. Director

Director Valued Member Premium Member

Apparently this gear is pretty good stuff, they're having a 3 day sale on the following:

https://www.hoselink.com.au/flash-sale

"
    For $40 you get two complete sets of connections, with our bomb-proof all metal spray gun delivered to your door.

This is TWO "Ned Kelly Starter Kits" Product page which sell for $33.90 a piece, so with this sale you're essentially saving $28 when buying a pair.

The connections are legendary, have a 3 year warranty and customers who purchased them when we first launched over 10 years ago still have the same ones in use today!

The spray gun is the most durable spray gun we've ever developed and is designed to be serviced. A little silicone lubricant once a season and I would expect it to last many years to come.

Anyone who is still on the fence on whether or not to try Hoselink connections, now is the best time to buy.

Sale ends end of day Friday. "

Short vid on how they work:

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I hate their web page with the special deal it gives me motion sickness :D

Damn YOU @Director you've made me impulse buy! :p

It just so happens I was fed up with two of my hose fittings (front yard and back) and was going to replace them anyway. I go through a ridiculous amount of hose fittings and sprayer attachments it seems they only last me about 6 months max before they start leaking etc so hopefully these HoseLink fittings will do the trick.

If I get a few years leak free usage out of these I'll be really happy.

I'll let you know how I go... Might even write a review if they're any good :thumbsup:

3. stevo

stevo Backyard Farmer Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    woah... I had to close the page :shock::hysterical:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Director

Harden up ladies!

Pretty sure the space animation thing goes away once you click the 'buy' button. :)

But yeah I got the deal and a couple of other things as well. I liked the look of their retractable hoses very much, might lash out when the weather warms up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I'm eying off their retractable hoses also.

I purchased a cheap one from Bunnings a few years ago and it drives me crazy! Ya pull the hose out and it won't lock so I feel like a fireman putting out a fire leaning forward just to water the garden :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ash

Ash Valued Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Their gear is just awesome. Thanks for the link Paul.
    Had to take advantage of this deal also, but with time, I think I'll be back to them for some of their other kits.

7. Director

Some reviews here: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/hoselink-auto-rewind-hose-reel/2.html

I don't own one so I can't comment but their service seems to stand out amongst the crowd.

8. Steve

Steve Valued Member Premium Member

Well I've been looking at Hoselink for a while now and just waiting for something to give me the little nudge required.
    Nudge received thanks very much.
    Haven't heard a bad thing about their products and longevity will be a welcome feature to my garden hose attachments.

Thanking you

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken W.

Ken W. Well-Known Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    I've been using the Hoselink fittings for about 2 years and highly recommend them. They are solid and robust. The only problem I have encountered is that the o-rings need replacing over time if you are regularly changing fittings but they supply spares in the kits.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Letsgokate

Letsgokate Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Ha ha I didn't get the ad, I have ad blocker so don't know what you guys are whinging about ;)

11. Director

OK so I got my 2 spray kits hooked up yesterday and they seem pretty good. There are no leaks and the sprayers looks perfect for veges and in the orchid shed. My only other sprayer was an el-cheapo so I don't know how these compare with similar offerings. The sprayer looks easy to service with a removable piston cap into which you put a few drops of SILICONE oil once or twice a year. I was under the impression that the spare oil shipped with the unit but they didn't, a quick email to Hoselink and I was told they'd be in the mail that day, no charge (great service). Otherwise the silicon oil is 3 for $3 on their site, so not expensive. The connections look rock solid and were easy to fit, my only fear is that they might be a bit 'too' hard to get off the hose again but I haven't checked into removing them yet either.

Got a reply on how to remove the suckers: (can't fault the service)

HOW TO REMOVE HOSELINK FROM YOUR HOSE:
    1. Unscrew the yellow nut and move it up the hose out of the way.
    2. Using a screwdriver, push it into the “split” in the white split ring, while trying to wedge the white split ring back up the hose.
    3. Once the split ring is out of the way, poor hot water into the fitting over the end of the hose. This will soften the hose and make it easier to get it off the Hose Connector.
    4. Finally, once softened, drain the hot water away then carefully pull the hose directly upwards off the hose fitting.
    NB: Be careful not to snap the stem inside the Hose Connector by pulling the hose on an angle (breakage is not covered under our guarantee).

Please click the link below for a video demonstration on fitting instructions:

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Mark

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    That's good to hear. I haven't put mine together yet but postage was fast. For a gardener a solid non leaking hose assembly and sprayer is a Godsend.

13. Ash

Ash Valued Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Agreed. I have my set also arrived only a couple of days after ordering and it does look like a quality product. I'm saving it for more heavy duty use later.