Home brew from scratch.

Discussion in 'Food - Cooking, Preserving & Fermentation' started by Tim C, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Have a good trip - look forward to the pics!

2. Tim C

Tim C Two heads are better than one Premium Member GOLD

A few pics of my setup got lost in the changeover, so here they are, with the updates.
    camera 093.jpg Decanting the 2x22.5L into the keg.
    camera 097.jpg Every mans dream.
    camera 098.jpg Inner workings, showing flow limit tap.
    camera 103.jpg
    Th finished product. Coopers Lager+ 30g total Pride of Ringwood hops(15g per 22.5 L). It is actually quite clear, just the temp a bit low, so the bubbles are slow and fine. I drink Carlton Mid-strength, which is double-hopped. This beer is made with 700g white sugar, and the finish and taste is something to behold! Or beerhold. I am absolutely wrapped with how this simple modification of the Coopers Lager made such a beautiful flavour...Oh well, I'll still modify the next one, as I have Coopers draught this time and Dextrose/maltodextrin for a creamier head, with the extra hops. The one after that will be Brigalow pilsener- modified with either hops or horehound.:sneaky:

Cooking up my quandongs now. Was gonna do jam, but I love them so much I'll just do them with a bit of sugar as stewed/ preserved fruit. Mmmmm... the smell from the kitchen is heavenly....
    camera 100.jpg camera 102.jpg camera 104.jpg

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Geez that beer looks bloody good! That's a top picture too. I've just come back from a hit of tennis and saw this... I would go a cold one right now (if I had one). My brother in-law @Werner would love this setup too! He doesn't get on the forum much so I'll email him the link.

Do quandongs have seeds? Do you just strain the pulp after simmering or de-seed before?

4. Tim C

Geez this site is slow now....you need to go and throttle whoever talked you into the move, and reverse it! Yeah I use a proper-one fruit cutting knife to de-seed first.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tim C

camera 105.jpg

• Like Like x 1