Hi

Ray Powe

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2019
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I have a dragon fruit ( new to growing them) I have it it a tube on a stump about 1.5 mts high and some of the segments seem to have roots coming from them - should I worry about this

Reactions: Patty

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Sep 27, 2015
Pomona, Qld
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Ray, welcome.
Roots are good, Ray. The more the merrier!
DF are arborial cactus vines and as soon as they are getting enough nutrition from their aerial roots they will separate from the ground.
You can foliar feed your vine with half strength foliar leaf feed every fortnight for optimal growth.
Then around September or October depending on how cold your winter is, change over to foliar flower feed to give it extra potassium for flowers and fruit.
Because the new segments are so heavy, help them hang on by tying them to the stump with lengths of old fabric knotted together for the right length.
They need to rot after a couple of years. Every year add some new ties over the most recent segments.

DTK

Premium Member
GOLD
Sep 23, 2019
Brisbane (SW suburbs)
Climate
Sub-Tropical
I have a dragon fruit ( new to growing them) I have it it a tube on a stump about 1.5 mts high and some of the segments seem to have roots coming from them - should I worry about this
Welcome Ray! I am certain you will find great acceptance and lots of advice in this forum! You are miles ahead of me - I have not grown dragon fruit yet.

Dan