Hi from Durban, South Africa

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JenM, Oct 3, 2018.

1. JenM

JenM Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi everyone I am Jen, I live in a beautiful place called Waterfall (bet you can guess why!) which is in "the hills" of Durban, South Africa. I live with my amazing partner and best friend, together we have a beautiful daughter.
    I am looking forward to learning from you all and to sharing our experiences as we start our self sustaining journey.

2. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi Jen & partner, welcome. :wave:
    We also have another member from Sth Africa who lives in some rich green zone too.

You shouldn't have any trouble growing a home garden if you can manage to keep the critters at bay!:pig::cowmoo:

3. JenM

JenM Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi ClissAT, yes it abundantly green here, we had snow about 3 hours away from us yesterday and extremely heavy rain the whole day, everything is looking amazingly green today.
    Yeah critters of all sizes where I stay.... who love veggies! Wild pigs, porcupines, rock hyrax - we call them dassies and bush buck :)

4. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi @JenM welcome to SSC!

I have visited RSA twice and Durban several times yes you do live in a beautiful part of the world.

Hope you enjoy your time here and best of luck on your self-sufficient journey. :)