Hi from Durban, South Africa

JenM

Premium Member
Oct 3, 2018
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi everyone I am Jen, I live in a beautiful place called Waterfall (bet you can guess why!) which is in "the hills" of Durban, South Africa. I live with my amazing partner and best friend, together we have a beautiful daughter.
I am looking forward to learning from you all and to sharing our experiences as we start our self sustaining journey.

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Sep 27, 2015
Pomona, Qld
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi Jen & partner, welcome. :wave:
We also have another member from Sth Africa who lives in some rich green zone too.

You shouldn't have any trouble growing a home garden if you can manage to keep the critters at bay!:pig::cowmoo:

JenM

Premium Member
Oct 3, 2018
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi ClissAT, yes it abundantly green here, we had snow about 3 hours away from us yesterday and extremely heavy rain the whole day, everything is looking amazingly green today.
Yeah critters of all sizes where I stay.... who love veggies! Wild pigs, porcupines, rock hyrax - we call them dassies and bush buck :)

Mark

Founder
Staff member
May 27, 2012
Bellmere, QLD
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hi @JenM welcome to SSC!

I have visited RSA twice and Durban several times yes you do live in a beautiful part of the world.

Hope you enjoy your time here and best of luck on your self-sufficient journey. :)