Hi from Co Wexford Ireland.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wayland., Jul 23, 2018.

1. Wayland.

Wayland. Active Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Hi lads. We run a smallholding in the south of Ireland. I only came across this site recently while checking out You Tube for Quail rearing. A very interesting site and full of all kinds of info.

Cheers Wayland.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    G'day Wayland and welcome mate! I think you're our first Irish member... pretty sure you are :think:

We missed out on getting to Ireland when we visited the UK last year but we intend to go back and finally get there.

Is your smallholding a business you run or mainly grow for yourself?

3. Wayland.

Wayland. Active Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    G`day yourself Mark. Actually, I'm a pom living in Ireland. We moved to Ireland 14 years ago after taking early retirement. We have been following the self sufficiency ideal since the 70`s (John Seymour being our mentor, bless him). As I cannot produce all our needs we add value to some of our produce to sell at the local Farmers Mart. This is to offset some of me bills etc. Although selling surplus veg would seem to be the obvious products to sell, we generate far more cash growing cut flowers specifically to sell.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Oh wow, excellent! I guess the flowers also attract pollinators and predatory insects to your property that help your food garden so it's a clever balance. :cheers: