Hi from Bundaberg

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cathy, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Cathy

Cathy Member Premium Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    I'm Cathy from Bundaberg and I'm just saying hi.... I have learnt so much about gardening this part 18 months and the best advice was to grow for your climate. I'm pretty sure that advice came from Mark.... maybe not that exact line but the tips were there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi Cathy and welcome to SSC thanks for joining us!

Yes, grow to your climate or even micro-climate because one property can differ to another and still be a stone throw away.

Bundy is a great climate for growing food all year round - I know a lot of supermarket tomatoes come from your area to fill the market gap down south through winter when it's too cold to grow them.

Over the years you will get to know what grows best at what time on your property and then plan around that. Of course, start by the generic charts eg subtropical etc and then refine from there.

Some people keep a garden diary of what grew well (or didn't) throughout the year so they can reference - I tend to look back at images (I take a lot of garden pics) and then check when they were taken if I'm unsure of planting dates. Most are in my head now though...

Cheers :)