Heritage seeds in Australia

Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
I have always gardened in one form or another but I have never bothered to do the whole seed saving process. beyond tomatoes and chillies. Where are you guys getting your mail-order seeds from I am getting to the point where I am more concerned about the varieties I am growing and want the advantages of naturalized plants.

GKW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
I've looked at places like "Diggers" and others but have found Bunnings stock both a range of heritage seeds and Diggers seedlings....even picked up a few today.

Vicky

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hi Charles,
There has been a rush on online companies as well as all the local places :) some of the more known are
Eden Seeds
Green Harvest
Diggers
The Seed Collection
Boondie Seeds
The Lost Seed.
If you go to their sites, most have stopped taking orders for the moment.
I don't know if you could search for a Seed Bank near you? I'm not even sure where you would look for that!!
otherwise a gardening club or something similar is bound to have members willing to share?

Climate
Arid, Desert, or Dry
I have what I need for now so I might just do what I can and diversify come spring and next year

ClissAT

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Charles the best way to access a seed bank is to become a member of your local permaculture group. They all have a seed saving group and you will be welcomed.

Top Bottom