Dismiss Notice
Today's Birthdays
  • DTK

HELP! Purchasing Problem for Sifter

Discussion in 'Announcements, Rules, Admin Questions' started by Universalpuzzle, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Universalpuzzle

Universalpuzzle Active Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Hi I’m trying to purchase the soil sifter.. But it’s not recognising my delivery location which is Tasmania am I doing something wrong? Thanks

2. ClissAT

ClissAT Valued Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    What's the mail order company?

Are you using a numbered street address or a post box?
    Post boxes aren't allowed. If this is your only option you need to use the street address of your local post office then arrange to collect from there.
    Or go with Australia Post as you delivery option which can sometimes change the parameters in your favour.

Other than that pretty much every hardware store will sell the plain old round $15 plastic soil sifter which I've found to be as good as any.

3. Universalpuzzle

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Unfortunately in this case it is a case of being Australia! ..overseas issue!

4. William Welch

William Welch Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    Update! I just went to the company's website and went the the first steps of checkout. I was able to select Australia as the country, and then Tasmania as the state. Didn't have a postal code, so I went no further in the process. Did you get that far, and did it then reject your postal code?

Have you tried asking Mark directly here? He's usually quite good at getting back, and he would probably have a definitive answer. Also, if you have friends on the mainland in Australia, perhaps you could have it shipped to them, and they could ship it to you. I think the company ships to Australia... Good Luck

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  5. William Welch

William Welch Member Premium Member GOLD

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    I also just noticed there is a member here named Cheryl Smyth. That's the name of the woman who makes the rolling garden sifter. I'll bet it's the same woman. Might be worth a shot contacting her.

6. Universalpuzzle

Climate:
    Temperate (all seasons)
    I have contacted the inventor already.. she said the costs to Australia are very high.. But she would get back to me.. I’m hoping Mark.. if possible you can do a bulk order shipment... clearly we are. Interested