Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Suzanna4358, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Suzanna4358

Suzanna4358 Active Member

I would like to say Hello..I came across your site searchin the ins and outs of incubaters. I am not looking for an expensive one , just so children can see how chickens grow..Maybe some one did an review on incubaters they bought a cheaper chinese on.. In other words a No Name one.. What my question is What are your views..on buying a incubater for chicken eggs? Kind regards Sue

2. Mark

Mark Founder Staff Member

Climate:
    Sub-Tropical
    Hi Sue,

firstly welcome to our community! I'm wrapped you have joined us and I hope SSC can offer you an enjoyable and informative website that keeps you coming back :)

To hopefully help you with your question, I have personally got a cheap (no name) incubator which I purchased several months back. Mine is made in China, can incubate up to 48 large eggs at a time, has an automatic turner, a digital display showing days and temp, and lots of other features. You can get the same model now for around $95 on eBay - I actually paid a bit more for mine but was still happy with the price compared to the brand name products. I believe there is a new improved model out with a better viewing screen and power saving, which costs about $145.

I've been very happy with the performance of my no-name incubator and have used it already to successfully grow about 60 birds (including quail).

If you only wanted to incubate a small number of eggs for educational purposes or a small backyard flock you can buy mini-incubators for less than $60 and these hold around 12 eggs or less. I haven't used the mini versions but I guess they should work ok.

Also, not sure if you have seen it but I have written an article on our blog about my no-name incubator if you'd like to read it - cheap Chinese chicken incubators.