Hello from Upstate NY

sdenue57

Premium Member
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Greetings everyone! Decided to give raised bed gardening a go this year. After watching many videos from Mark, and Kevin at Epic Gardening, I bought a 4' X 4' easy to assemble raised bed, and built a 3' X 9' raised bed. The 4' bed is dedicated to strawberries. The built bed has a cherry tomato, beans, peas, carrots, beets, and cukes. With the leftover soil/compost mix I bought, I added a frameless 2' X 5' bed along the side of my garage. I have cantaloupes and sugar pumpkins planted there. In addition, I have 6 large pots, 4 tomato, and 2 red leaf lettuce. Can't wait to learn more from this group, as I consider myself quite ignorant as yet on the whole gardening journey. Thanks for the add!!

AndrewB

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Welcome, it sounds like you're off to a good start. You never stop learning, other gardeners are a great help, but the best teacher is the garden itself!

Another great youtube channel is Edible acres, they are up your way in the finger lakes area. May give you some good ideas for what grows well in your area.

GKW

Valued Member
Premium Member
GOLD
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
G'Day and welcome.

Post some pics when you have time....

Best of luck with your journey and look forward to updates.

Mark

Founder
Staff member
Premium Member
GOLD
Website
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
After watching many videos from Mark, and Kevin at Epic Gardening, I bought a 4' X 4' easy to assemble raised bed, and built a 3' X 9' raised bed.
Congrats and welcome to SSC thanks for joining us! :)

Top Bottom