Hello from Somerset, UK

Caroline

Premium Member
Apr 27, 2019
Climate
Temperate (all seasons)
Hello Everyone,

I'm so pleased I stumbled upon this site. We are hoping to move our family to the Brisbane area in 5 years when my husband leaves the military.
I love gardening and raising my own chickens here in the UK (Although they are more likely to be taken by a fox than a python). Being able to see the sorts of produce you grow helps me get a feel for what will be possible when we finally make the move down under.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Reactions: Mark

Raymondo

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2019
Climate
Sub-Tropical
Hello Everyone,

I'm so pleased I stumbled upon this site. We are hoping to move our family to the Brisbane area in 5 years when my husband leaves the military.
I love gardening and raising my own chickens here in the UK (Although they are more likely to be taken by a fox than a python). Being able to see the sorts of produce you grow helps me get a feel for what will be possible when we finally make the move down under.

Thank you and keep up the good work!
The main difference living in Brisbane will be you can grow food all year round and what an abundance of food it can be , and the winters , well what winters , not like the UK although to the west and southwest it can get pretty nippy , even snow down Stanthorpe way happy gardening Raymondo

Mark

Founder
Staff member
May 27, 2012
Bellmere, QLD
www.selfsufficientme.com
Climate
Sub-Tropical
All the best with your move to Oz and Brissy! :)